+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who’s on their way?

Who’s on their way?

With all the talk of incomings I wondered about who might actually be leaving?

Marshall - Appears to be the obvious choice! Left out of the squad and alleged interest from Celtic?
    Buchanan - Allegedly injury? Possibly but again interest from Burnley, Celtic and Forest?
    Jozwiak - I hear a rumour that possibly wanted by Galatasaray?

Any other thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    With all the talk of incomings I wondered about who might actually be leaving?

Marshall - Appears to be the obvious choice! Left out of the squad and alleged interest from Celtic?
    Buchanan - Allegedly injury? Possibly but again interest from Burnley, Celtic and Forest?
    Jozwiak - I hear a rumour that possibly wanted by Galatasaray?

Any other thoughts
    Marshall - now 3rd in line and there's a tactical reason for WR to make that public, poss putting pressure on Marshall, surely the highest paid of the three GKs, tomove on

Buchanan - I'd want top dollar but don't rate him as any better than our other defenders so sayonara to anyone but Forest

Jozwiak - sounded from the commentary like he's learned nothing over the summer so cut him loose for any decent fee

No inside info on anyone else

DM - surely he's going to be leaving sooner rather than later.
    Buchanan - Injury is genuine. If Davies or Stearman get injured we'd likley see Fozzy at CD with Buchanan at LB.
    Jozwiak - Excellent defensive work, improved over last season IMO in that department. Going forward he made the right runs, just never got the ball in even half decent positions. When he did get the ball, if there wasn't already a defender in close proximity there were 2 of them and that left room elsewhere. In possession he only lost the ball 2 or 3 times that I can remember.

Can't afford to lose Buchanan, where do we get or afford a quality defender from? Even if we sold him for big bucks, we would struggle to sign a player on a one year contract at limited wages.

Marshall is clearly on his way as has been said.

Jozwiak, better than any player we have or could get in and until restrictions are lifted (if they are) how do we replace?

As regards CD I can still see Jagielka joining.
    Marshall must surely be on his way, and we seem to have forgotten the alleged WBA interest in Lawrence meaning he may be more likely to leave than Jozwiak.

To me, Jozwiak is a busted flush and we should have sold him between Euros and Saturday's game as his value will surely plummet if he carries on like saturday, I beg to differ with others here re his contribution. My buddy from North Stand described him as 'feet like Georgi Kinkladze, brain like Steve Biggins', I guess you have to go back a bit for that one...

... and then Joz gets used on his preferred side from the start at Hull and had a good game in a side with attacking intentions. I will admit he was helped a bit by Hull who weren't double/triple teaming him but the new tactic of when the full backs forage forward down the wing, the 2 wide men, Joz and Sibs in this case, move inside into pockets of space and, when they get the ball cause the oppo problems. They run at the defence with the ball and defences hate that. They also did it better than Loz has for us.

Broadening the thread out a little to include those we released in the summer, the likes of Cameron Cresswell, Jamahl H-I, Archie Brown and others from the Academy, some of whom looked very good prospects. Fans have been wondering why we let them go. Why we didn't even offer them terms of any kind. Is the embargo the reason? We already had the numbers allowed, more than that in fact due to the "one game wonders" from the Chorley Cup game. Did that mean we COULDN'T even offer them a contract at all uder the terms of the embargo? If it did mean that, it would make the released list look more sensible than it did at the time.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)