+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 101 of 348 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3473

Thread: Todays games.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Very pleasing
    30 (THIRTY) consecutive passes prior to Hazard’s finish. Cue ‘The Greatest Supporters In The World’ citing the ‘vast financial gap’. They don’t do irony.

If you look closely at the Luca Modric goal that sealed the match he takes a terrible touch by his standards but the Celtic defender then tees it up for him to perform the coup de grace.They really should never be 9 goals better than us and that still plays on my mind.Its truly mind boggling to me how many on here blamed that on Jack Ross and gave the perpetrators of the total humiliation almost a free pass.

Absolutely agree. Said it at the time. The players are responsible for humiliating the club & fans.

While I know what you mean the head coach is responsible for results on the pitch. That's the way it goes.

JR let the players down...the players let themselves down...collectively they all let the fans down. The problem started with JR!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    The problem started with JR!
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    While I know what you mean the head coach is responsible for results on the pitch. That's the way it goes.
    6 games into the job? That's no time at all to stamp your authority on the team.

Obviously the 2 games that sealed Ross' fate were the 7 and 9 but in both those games we actually started well then capitulated and no amount of coaching at training sessions prior to these games can account for that and bad defending,bad goalkeeping and too many players having the heart of a mouse.

That way that Ross set up v Alkmaar away,Hearts away and Celtic at home wasn't defensive enough so he should take a share of the blame for that but these players are getting away with murder here.

I agree to an extent. I'm usually right on board with what you are saying but results were so bad I think the club ended up in a position they had no choice. It wasn't just the absolute hidings we got either. The St Mirren match was an absolute shocker of a performance and probably worried me more than the two heavy defeats. Hearts and Livi not so much but they need to be put in context with the malaise hanging around at the time.

Also, there have been a fair few comments from yourself and others that the players are getting away with murder. However, what would you purpose gets done about that? They can't be sacked and, ultimately, it's the head coach's responsibility to get results so he takes the fall. It's just the way it is and always had been.

I understand that JR had only told the players about shape and tactics 10 minutes before kick off against Celtic....his half time team talk was basically "try and keep the score respectable" .... he wasn't coaching them properly. It is a team effort and if the leader of the team ain't putti g in the effort..it's very difficult to stop the rot!

Page 101 of 348 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)