+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 109 of 348 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3480

Thread: Todays games.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Your deflecting. You haven't named one game, not one game where Harkes has controlled the midfield. Actually I think there was one although I forget which one it was.
    Then you're saying that's not his game. You said he works well as part of a complementary midfield. He doesn't. Our midfield isn't complimentary it's sh1te.
    He receives the ball and plays it away as fast as possible. He won't wait to choose the best available pass, he chooses the first Tangerine shirt he sees. Often the pass is too ambitious and our player can't do anything with it because there's an opposition player on him.
    He can't receive the ball with back to goal and turn and run at a defence, if he manages that even once his forward pass is hopeful and the move breaks down.
    He often plays a pass and runs away from the player he's passed it to instead of staying close enough to commit a defender in a one two which would open up space and start to pull a defence out of shape.

Im not going to give you the satisfaction of deflection about other players because this is about Harkes.

Our midfield has been a real problem now for a long time. The closest we got to solving it was with Fuchs in the side. Fuchs compensated for a lot of the balls lost by Harkes by the way. After Fuchs left we've never addressed the problem.
    McGrath is on loan but if he's not helped in that midfield he won't stick around.
    I never said I could name a game where he's done that as I don't think the probably is one. In fact I'm saying that's not his game, he doesn't do that. You on the other hand have said you can name a player that has but then fail to do so. The fact we agree to differ on this is fine.

On reflection just wonder now the defeat at AZ, which completely destroyed the teams confidence, enabled by goalkeeping errors, whether we and the players needed to overreact to the result as much as we did. We lost 7-1 on aggregate, the Potugese team lost 6-1on aggregate. AZ won again last night away from home. We remain the only team to beat them this season in Europe and domestically. Both Rangers and Hearts have been comfortably thrashed in Europe this week. We know Motherwell lost home and away to a mid table Irish side. It was bad but in context maybe not the armaggedon we thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    On reflection just wonder now the defeat at AZ, which completely destroyed the teams confidence, enabled by goalkeeping errors, whether we and the players needed to overreact to the result as much as we did. We lost 7-1 on aggregate, the Potugese team lost 6-1on aggregate. AZ won again last night away from home. We remain the only team to beat them this season in Europe and domestically. Both Rangers and Hearts have been comfortably thrashed in Europe this week. We know Motherwell lost home and away to a mid table Irish side. It was bad but in context maybe not the armaggedon we thought it was.
    The trouble wasn't this individual result per-se, it was the disastrous reaction afterwards that was the biggest problem.

I agree arab777, there's loads of context looking at the other Scottish teams' results in Europe.
    Ours is looking like one of the better ones!

When you combine the result with 0-3 at home to St Mirren and 0-9 at home to Celtic it doesn't look great though

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The trouble wasn't this individual result per-se, it was the disastrous reaction afterwards that was the biggest problem.
    True Triple T, but the talk of the steamie after our debacle is how many of the other 10, 11 if you include The New Rangers, are going to be on the end of multi-goal hammerings?
    0-9 is not good (thank God it wasn't 10) but the feeling is we'll not be alone. The 'Tic are promising to be the best they've been for decades.

Just glad we don't have to play Real Madrid. Or Ajax. Or the Istanbullies last night, they too were quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    When you combine the result with 0-3 at home to St Mirren and 0-9 at home to Celtic it doesn't look great though
    Indeed. The point I am making though is that AZ result destroyed us and the other results followed on from this and maybe we shouldn't have been so harsh on ourselves given the wider context. The home game still ranks as one of the best performances in recent memory. We don't just go from that to being hopeless. It is clear the players were shell-shocked. The manager failing was possibly not being able to pick the players back up but the players themselves are not blameless.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    True Triple T, but the talk of the steamie after our debacle is how many of the other 10, 11 if you include The New Rangers, are going to be on the end of multi-goal hammerings?
    0-9 is not good (thank God it wasn't 10) but the feeling is we'll not be alone. The 'Tic are promising to be the best they've been for decades.

Just glad we don't have to play Real Madrid. Or Ajax. Or the Istanbullies last night, they too were quality.
    I'll be very surprised if Celtc beat anyone by that scoreline again this season...

Gutted that the Dees game is aff,i love a Funster Friday under the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'll be very surprised if Celtc beat anyone by that scoreline again this season...
    Could be right, it was 2010 when they pumped the sheepsters by the same score

Page 109 of 348 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)