+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 132 of 351 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 3505

Thread: Todays games.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Bit prickly there Boat?
    The home games v Livi then St. Mirren you could hear a pin drop.
    St. Mirren you could excuse to a certain extent but the Livi game after AZA I've been in noisier libraries.
    Shedka is just reminding our support to do their bit in these upcoming games & to be fair we often do need reminders.
    Yes agreed mate(atmosphere)but there was not any negativity until the goals started flying in.The point i'm making is the players being paid good money to play have let the club down far more than the fans paying to watch them have.

Eriksson seems a decent shot stopper, but he doesn’t hold the shots - he palms/deflects them all away. And as for crosses, Jesus Christ…………….

I think Newman deserves a shot in the meantime. I really mean that. One of the issues at the back is that that ultra important link between keeper and defenders has been lost. Whereas last season and before the defenders had trust in their keeper, that trust is now gone. I think they collectively have zero confidence in him and this is having a knock on effect on defensive stability. The release of Carson just looks more and more farcical by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by JJA22flup View Post
    I see the minutes silence at the Spurs game was also interrupted. Leave sport alone and pay your respects in church or somewhere appropriate.
    They can't none of them go to church both dides

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Eriksson seems a decent shot stopper, but he doesn’t hold the shots - he palms/deflects them all away. And as for crosses, Jesus Christ…………….

I think Newman deserves a shot in the meantime. I really mean that. One of the issues at the back is that that ultra important link between keeper and defenders has been lost. Whereas last season and before the defenders had trust in their keeper, that trust is now gone. I think they collectively have zero confidence in him and this is having a knock on effect on defensive stability. The release of Carson just looks more and more farcical by the day.
    On the release of Carson, it seems that whatever was going on within the squad last season may be the root cause of our apparent failure to build on the achievements of last season. Been that many rumours flying around that i cannot really figure out if the departure of 2 good keepers and a better defender than he was a midfielder is all connected and has facilitated our downfall so far.

Whatever has occurred, we need some run of results in the next 7 games, and after this break, they appear to be coming at us thick and fast before the next break!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    On the release of Carson, it seems that whatever was going on within the squad last season may be the root cause of our apparent failure to build on the achievements of last season. Been that many rumours flying around that i cannot really figure out if the departure of 2 good keepers and a better defender than he was a midfielder is all connected and has facilitated our downfall so far.

Whatever has occurred, we need some run of results in the next 7 games, and after this break, they appear to be coming at us thick and fast before the next break!!
    7 games in October alone, thick and fast indeed! But I'm looking solely at the next game just for now. An absolute must win as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    7 games in October alone, thick and fast indeed! But I'm looking solely at the next game just for now. An absolute must win as far as I'm concerned.
    9 League and 1 cup game in 7 weeks! I have to apologise in advance if i cannot muster any positivity in those 7 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    9 League and 1 cup game in 7 weeks! I have to apologise in advance if i cannot muster any positivity in those 7 weeks!
    I'm in the same place mate right now. A defeat against St Johnstone and I honestly don't know where we go from there.

Honestly I'd swap a cup win for 2 or hopefully 3 wins in October

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Bit prickly there Boat?
    The home games v Livi then St. Mirren you could hear a pin drop.
    St. Mirren you could excuse to a certain extent but the Livi game after AZA I've been in noisier libraries.
    Shedka is just reminding our support to do their bit in these upcoming games & to be fair we often do need reminders.

Very prickly

However I stand by what I said, its my opinion that is what needed from the fans at home and wasn't directed at any individual fan so, we've done quite well in three away games since that so no point having a vibe where quick to get on backs at any set back or help the opposition by creating anxiety from stand

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Very prickly

However I stand by what I said, its my opinion that is what needed from the fans at home and wasn't directed at any individual fan so, we've done quite well in three away games since that so no point having a vibe where quick to get on backs at any set back or help the opposition by creating anxiety from stand
    There's bound to be anxiety from the stands after recent results and us being at the bottom of the league on no wins and a minus 17 goal difference. You need to accept that everyone doesn't see things the same way as yourself and if they buy their ticket they are free to express themselves (within boundaries obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I'm in the same place mate right now. A defeat against St Johnstone and I honestly don't know where we go from there.

Honestly I'd swap a cup win for 2 or hopefully 3 wins in October
    We're gonna beat St. Johnstone. Trust me. 😁

Page 132 of 351 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)