+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 161 of 348 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 3474

Thread: Todays games.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Shedka seems to have JR's disastrous tenure attached to every post when trying to cover over Fox's tenure only because he didn't want Ross in the 1st place so it suits his agenda.

The players don't seem to have went in the huff and downed tools under Fox. That's the only difference I'm seeing and I'm still happy enough for Fox to continue until the end of the season only as I honestly can't see any other benefit in changing another coach at this point in the season. As I've said before imo we have good enough outfield players to stay up but these 2 jokers in the goal WILL relegate us. I dont care about bringing any outfield players in in the forthcoming window but the clubs of Clark or Bain should be approached in an attempt to get either on loan or were toast.
    100% agree. Get Zander Clark in on loan, and I reckon we’ll stay up.
    Persevere with the dynamic duo, and Unfortunately I can only see us get relegated.

FWIW the person who agreed to the Nicky Clark sale (to one of our main rivals), with
    No Manager in charge at the time. Deserves their jotters. (He’s been a standout for them).

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's hard to see how we are going to avoid relegation this season The team is just not good enough and we have key positions that don't have anywhere near good enough quality. The keeper most obviously but also the centre of midfield is weak as pish.
    Yip, and the concerning thing for me is, the club have already attempted to address those issues by bringing in Birighitti and Djoum. We've probably made those two key areas worse with our poor recruitment. Folk thinking we can just go out and buy a keeper and another Butcher.......we already have!! Good luck with the next attempt. 😕

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Folk thinking we can just go out and buy a keeper and another Butcher.......we already have!! Good luck with the next attempt. 😕
    The key word is “decent” keeper though. And we have never replaced the Butcher type in midfield. A bit of steel and grit.

So yeah good luck with the next attempt or there is a good chance we are in massive bather here.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    The key word is “decent” keeper though. And we have never replaced the Butcher type in midfield. A bit of steel and grit.

So yeah good luck with the next attempt or there is a good chance we are in massive bather here.
    I doubt we bought the players we have whilst thinking 'they're sh*te' though. These players were bought because they were decent. F*ck, Fox couldn't stop gushing over the qualities Djoum would bring to the side. He is Butchers replacement, 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I doubt we bought the players we have whilst thinking 'they're sh*te' though. These players were bought because they were decent. F*ck, Fox couldn't stop gushing over the qualities Djoum would bring to the side. He is Butchers replacement, 100%.
    They were one known to Fox (Djoum) and recommended to Ross and Fox by an old Hearts colleague (Biro). If you drop off your signing recommendations to Tannadice on the back of a fag packet the powers that be will give it serious consideration. Can't do bloody much worse imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    They were one known to Fox (Djoum) and recommended to Ross and Fox by an old Hearts colleague (Biro). If you drop off your signing recommendations to Tannadice on the back of a fag packet the powers that be will give it serious consideration. Can't do bloody much worse imo.
    I honestly think the recruitment team have been instructed to scour the market for available, international footballers, who have a chance of playing the World Cup. We've then whittled that down to a select few and went out and done the deals. When have we ever made a point of signing so many internationals? Not just that, but one's plucked out of absolutely nowhere. It's been nothing more than a hopeful money making exercise that's gone badly wrong in terms of player calibre and performance.

I don't know what it's got to do with Todays Games, it was someone else who derailed the thread, but it's not irony that Siegrist & Z. Clark were both No 2 benchwarming goalies yesterday, it's just not right somehow..

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I don't know what it's got to do with Todays Games, it was someone else who derailed the thread, but it's not irony that Siegrist & Z. Clark were both No 2 benchwarming goalies yesterday, it's just not right somehow..
    You wouldn't think so, but they (or their agent, in Clarks case) decided to chase the money instead of playing football. If rumours are to be believed, Clark is now earning less than we offered him whilst getting splinters in his arse.

I would think the club will be actively pursuing the two type of players we need ready for January window.
    Goalie and a butcher type player, with the ability to screw the nut.
    With that I do think we can go on to climb up the league.

Back on topic......what a World Cup final that was. Absolutely superb!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Page 161 of 348 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)