+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 348 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays games.

That was embarrassing, to lose by that scoreline to any uk/Irish nation, nevermind a poor Irish side we are better than man for man

As said, by nothing more than more hungry and workrate, especially after gifting a very soft first goal to them

Clarke needs to get wins over both them and Ukraine in the next round of UNL games to make up for it

Quote Originally Posted by no1arabbelfast View Post
    Despite football being our national sport, decade after decade, we continue to be absolute gash. Other nations of similar size punch well above their weight.

Our last truelly world class player was Kenny Dalglish, 40 years ago.

Why is this?
    The SFA and the League set up in Scotland, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by davydook View Post
    The SFA and the League set up in Scotland, that's why.
    It has to be more than that. Given the amount of Scots who play football, the odds would favour producing world class players fairly often. We don't.

I'm increasingly leaning towards Scotland's mainly white gene population being the issue, along with a lack of desire of players to train more.

Quote Originally Posted by no1arabbelfast View Post
    It has to be more than that. Given the amount of Scots who play football, the odds would favour producing world class players fairly often. We don't.

I'm increasingly leaning towards Scotland's mainly white gene population being the issue, along with a lack of desire of players to train more.

Think research might show the numbers of people playing football in Scotland in 2022 is less than half, maybe less, of the number playing football in the 1970’s/80’s

I think we have the best group of players for many a year. But we have a stubborn chunt of a coach who changes the team every game, plays players in positions they're not suited to eg McTominay and plays favourites regardless of form and overthinks every match.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I think we have the best group of players for many a year. But we have a stubborn chunt of a coach who changes the team every game, plays players in positions they're not suited to eg McTominay and plays favourites regardless of form and overthinks every match.
    Defo this, Soutar on the bench and Hanlon on the park was the biggest WTF for me

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    On reflection, I've seen France Spain Norway Sweden Croatia Hungary Czechs Switzerland this week and a few others and we're miles off it. That's not counting the rest of the world either btw.

I still think we'd beat Engerland 0-0 though.

France 1-0 down at HT Deschamps makes 2 changes - at HT.

Still remember the inaugural Nations League when England reached the final stages and the Semis and Final were played in Portugal.It was classed as worth winning by our friends down south.This time its a wee bitty different with them being bottom of their group its just glorified friendlies they are playing.

BTW England 0 Hungary 3 in tonight's friendly.

Saka gets booed aff and Maguire gets booed on,FN marvellous.The Magyar support giving the ole's as Hungary go 4 up.

Page 81 of 348 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)