+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 347 of 348 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348 LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 3474

Thread: Todays games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    It could easily be fixed if they made it that there had to be clear space between playersin an offside position. A whole body not just a toenail
    Cannie believe Man U players celebrating at the end having just scraped a penalty shoot out v a mid table Championship side.FN embarrassing.The best league in the world my erse as Jim Royale used to say.

VAR there to spoil every occasion

It should be got rid of, but it won’t be

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    VAR there to spoil every occasion

It should be got rid of, but it won’t be
    It's up there with Bosman and Sky money for destroying the game imo. Can't believe I was actually in favour of it coming in to begin with.

*note to self* don't talk such f*cking shyte in future! 🤣🤣

You need to ask yourself, has VAR improved the game at all? For me, no. It's actually having the opposite effect.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You need to ask yourself, has VAR improved the game at all? For me, no. It's actually having the opposite effect.
    I'd already messaged a man united fan from work to take the piss,VAR can f*ck right off 👎👎👎

Thing is, that's a very soft pen that takes it to extra time, very harsh but with var will always be given

It's like the one against us at Ibrox when we fielded mostly youths and lost 1-0 to the pen with ten mins to go

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Thing is, that's a very soft pen that takes it to extra time, very harsh but with var will always be given

It's like the one against us at Ibrox when we fielded mostly youths and lost 1-0 to the pen with ten mins to go
    The referee actually gave that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The referee actually gave that one.
    What?? At Ibrox???? For The Rangers????????

Nae chance surely - you’re at it Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Ref already gave the penalty though, VAR is only supposed to give him the opportunity to change his decision if he thinks he's got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Ref already gave the penalty though, VAR is only supposed to give him the opportunity to change his decision if he thinks he's got it wrong.
    With you on that one. I’ll not deny but my Ingerlund leanings are 100% on the Red side of Salford, however as you say once the ref makes the call is it so incorrect to have to over turn it? No is the obvious answer, however that’s where the problem is with VAR. It’s been brought in to right the wrongs of, for example, the infamous Thierry Henry handball against the Republic of Ireland but instead it’s been b@stardised in to a ‘re-refereeing’ of games which has moved beyond it’s original intention. I honestly don’t know where it moves on from here TBH………
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 21-04-2024 at 10:20 PM.

Page 347 of 348 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)