+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 256 of 348 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3473

Thread: Todays games.

The catastrophic mistake from Andy gave us a mountain to climb. Probably wouldn't have changed the result but I think Clarke underestimated them. It's not hindsight, would have gone 451 to try and deny them space and play on the break.
    Keeper apart not one Scotland player played to their full potential tonight.
    Disappointing.

I thought it was a pretty good leveler. We have came on massively , but nowhere near the level they can sometimes reach.
    More than happy with our progress as a national team. Sometimes you need to get a wee reality check, to reign yirsels in a wee bit.

Still gutted tho...............

The only team who can stop England winning the Euro's in Germany next year are France.I cannot see any other team stopping them unfortunately.IF we qualify we can become the first Scottish side to get out of the group with a favourable draw.That's my take on tonight's game and Scotland's 5 qualifiers.

Like it or lump it, England are a very good side and have had several very good sides over the years, Scotland are at their best form in decades at the moment only a disaster stops qualification.
    Despite England's very good sides over the years they cannot get over the final hurdle.
    Bit like united until brewster in 94

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The only team who can stop England winning the Euro's in Germany next year are France.I cannot see any other team stopping them unfortunately.IF we qualify we can become the first Scottish side to get out of the group with a favourable draw.That's my take on tonight's game and Scotland's 5 qualifiers.
    We've done well, improved a lot and I agree with a fair wind we could get out of a group. But Clark needs to stop picking his "best 11" regardless of opponent. He needs to pick players and change to a formation that is best suited to the strengths of the opposition. For example tonight it would have been better to let Hickey defend for the whole game with Armstrong ahead of him.
    As said before it might not have changed the result but if you give England that much space they're very dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I thought it was a pretty good leveler. We have came on massively , but nowhere near the level they can sometimes reach.
    More than happy with our progress as a national team. Sometimes you need to get a wee reality check, to reign yirsels in a wee bit.

Still gutted tho...............
    The concern for me is that reality check could well be three reality checks in a row, with Spain and France to come. Let's hope the two friendlies against far superior opposition don't derail the Euro campaign.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 13-09-2023 at 02:03 PM.

If Norway beat Spain at home on October 18th and both Norway and Spain win there remaining games would end up in 3rd if we lose to Georgia. I can’t see us getting anything from the Spain game so to avoid a very nervous last game against Norway we need to get something from the Georgia game.

More chance of getting something in Spain than a result last night imo, it will be difficult but who knows, amazing how the Scottish psyche is to default to negative due to a friendly defeat to imo one of the best sides we will face

I actually thought Scotland got a little bit caught up in the occasion last night, after about ten minutes I was thinking they just needed to take the sting out the game, keep some possession and get a foothold in the match. For all that, the chasm between the sides at the top end of the park is massive, England don't just have 1 or 2 international class attacking players, they've got an abundance of them with a sprinkling of world class talent. There are players that weren't even called up that would be automatic picks in the forward areas for Scotland. Scotland are doing well though, they just lack real international quality in the final third.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    France are a strange team to me, don't always seem the sum of their parts, you look at the depth of talent they have, and yet more often than not, even when they win tournaments or get deep, quite frustrating to watch as they rarely play well or with the flair you would expect given the talent at their disposal. Seem to play with the handbreak on and happy to give the opposition possession and just hit on counter or rely on Mbappe or one of their other stars to produce at bit of magic, even against inferior opposition. With those players you would expect more, or a different manager, which might sound daft given they've been to two successive WC finals.

Page 256 of 348 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)