+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 328 of 348 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 3473

Thread: Todays games.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Raith bottle it again
    Makes a change from abody saying ,we bottle it .

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    No doubt Goodwin will be spouting pish this week that we’re still ‘top of the league’. But for the avoidance of any doubt in no way was this a ‘getting off the hook’. Instead, it was yet another blown opportunity like against Airdrie, Partick and now Dunfermline to take advantage of Rovers dropping points. We keep talking about how ‘lucky’ Rovers have been. Maybe it’s time to look closer to home and assess infact how phucking lucky we are to still somehow be top, particularly after that total schitshow last night.
    Absolutely spot on James!!!!

We cannot keeping tripping up, cos it’s going to bite us big time at some point.
    I hope I am wrong, but I sense this being another “Dunfermline 95/96 season”, where we dominated most of the season, but just couldn’t get it over the line, then let Dunfermline overtake us near the end, forcing us into the play-offs. Nearly blew it through at Morton (remember the game well &#128558, and led to the play-off against Partick. Never forget that play-off, and I have NEVER seen scenes/limbs at Tannadice like that game and Welshy’s equaliser, IT SIMPLY MEANT THAT MUCH!!
    Sadly, this current manager/team don’t have the bottle for any play-off, so we need to win the Raith game, cos we will trip up in at least one more game, based on recent performances against Airdrie, Dunfermline, etc., and the away game at Morton is another banana skin!!

No doubt Goodwin will be spouting pish this week that we’re still ‘top of the league’. But for the avoidance of any doubt in no way was this a ‘getting off the hook’. Instead, it was yet another blown opportunity like against Airdrie, Partick and now Dunfermline to take advantage of Rovers dropping points. We keep talking about how ‘lucky’ Rovers have been. Maybe it’s time to look closer to home and assess infact how phucking lucky we are to still somehow be top, particularly after that total schitshow last night.
    Yip...we are VERY lucky to still be sitting top. As for last night........ that was a proper nightmare. Team selection (wrang) tactics (wrang) attitude (wrang) etc etc...

Lets just get back to the team that scored the most goals, managed all the clean sheets, same formation/tactics etc.. try to get the young guns on at some point. It's not perfect I know, but... all this tinkering is making things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by tijuanataxi View Post
    Makes a change from abody saying ,we bottle it .
    We have though, on a number of occasions, where we’ve had the chance to create a gap and breathing space, but have passed it up!
    Fortunately, Raith have done the same right after we have, BUT importantly, they have got our number in the head to heads, and they’ll go into the game on the 30th knowing that!

Without a dought we have.Bottled it .All my days supporting united actually.Most times.Was tongue in cheek.

Well said but i’m sure the happy clapper will be along soon to tell you that we’re still top and that it’s still in our hands and all the other happy clapper bullcrap.

..now would really be a good time for us to "bounce back" and "put on a performance."
    I don't care how we do it... we just need out this league, ...get the club sold, clear out the deadwood and get the club back on the tracks.
    We ain't gonna sack Goodwin, the owner will not be putting another penny into the club before he wheel spins away and we aren't exactly tripping over ourselves with gifted players...we just need to try and get this across the line with what we have. We are so inconsistent across the park, that we seem to no longer know what our best 11 are.
    I hope to God that there were some harsh words and home truths said after that performance on Friday night. Every single one of them needs to give their heads a wobble. Somehow we are still sitting top, somehow, the league is still in our own hands....somehow, they are gonna have to start playing like a team that looks like they deserve to win the league!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    ..now would really be a good time for us to "bounce back" and "put on a performance."
    I don't care how we do it... we just need out this league, ...get the club sold, clear out the deadwood and get the club back on the tracks.
    We ain't gonna sack Goodwin, the owner will not be putting another penny into the club before he wheel spins away and we aren't exactly tripping over ourselves with gifted players...we just need to try and get this across the line with what we have. We are so inconsistent across the park, that we seem to no longer know what our best 11 are.
    I hope to God that there were some harsh words and home truths said after that performance on Friday night. Every single one of them needs to give their heads a wobble. Somehow we are still sitting top, somehow, the league is still in our own hands....somehow, they are gonna have to start playing like a team that looks like they deserve to win the league!
    My Jambo pal summed it up when he said the players looked like they'd met for the first time in the car park.
    All season we've had no identifiable style, no fluidity and that's on Goodwin. Think it was Arab777 who said he told the players to be calm before kick off, the complete opposite to what he should have been doing. Crazy stuff.
    Can we get over the line? Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ETAuldncrabbit View Post
    Yet nobody is willing to make their voices heard.
    Could it be because the majority of fans are not thinking like you? They recognise it would be utter madness to get rid of the manager at this stage of the season, especially while sitting atop of the table?

Pitch inspection at The Scot Foam 'Stadium' this morning for the big cousin visit.

Page 328 of 348 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)