+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 277 of 349 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3482

Thread: Todays games.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    This Raith team are absolutely flying. 3 nil up away to Dunfermline.
    Watched it. They were excellent throughout. We need to play very well to take 3 points against them at Tannadice. That was them with players out as well.
    Last edited by moicher; 24-11-2023 at 09:49 PM.

Yes we'll need to play well but that was the case anyway, that's their first win against championship opposition by more than a single goal, let's not overrate them, I wanted them to win, more games they have the better

Also they play Arbroath on Wed night before the Tannadice game

We just need to continue our excellent league form and see where it stands after that match

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Yes we'll need to play well but that was the case anyway, that's their first win against championship opposition by more than a single goal, let's not overrate them, I wanted them to win, more games they have the better

Also they play Arbroath on Wed night before the Tannadice game

We just need to continue our excellent league form and see where it stands after that match
    Overrate them? I dont think anyone is doing that. However they just ragdolled a side that we recently really struggled against. They're second on merit. Doesn't matter if you 1 nil or 4 nil. It's three points that count. They were excellent tonight. Impressed with how Murray had them set up as well. 3-6-1 to win them the midfield battle and give them four up top when they were on the front foot. It worked all night long. Very impressive so they were.

Overrate them? I dont think anyone is doing that. However they just ragdolled a side that we recently really struggled against. They're second on merit. Doesn't matter if you 1 nil or 4 nil. It's three points that count. They were excellent tonight. Impressed with how Murray had them set up as well. 3-6-1 to win them the midfield battle and give them four up top when they were on the front foot. It worked all night long. Very impressive so they were.
    Raith are the real deal, no question. They’re not going away any time soon and in many ways that’s what our approach to games should reflect - go in to every match feeling like you need three points because Raith will win theirs. Nothing wrong with that and keeps players on their toes. BTW, Stanton was again excellent last night and has been all season. Was a massive miss when he left four years ago - yet another one like Carson, Clark, Courts etc where Fat Tone let him just, well, walk away for phuck all because he ‘fancied a change’.

Yes, let's not overrate them, doesn't matter if they were impressive last night, against a team we played two weeks ago when not at our best and who by all accounts were poorer last night

They are still in the league only edging games usually late on and I agree they aren't going away but certainly if we are at our best mid December, we won't lose

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Yes, let's not overrate them, doesn't matter if they were impressive last night, against a team we played two weeks ago when not at our best and who by all accounts were poorer last night

They are still in the league only edging games usually late on and I agree they aren't going away but certainly if we are at our best mid December, we won't lose
    Again, no one is overating them. They are there on merit. And if we're not at our best in three weeks time, which we haven't been for a month now, there's a fair chance we'll get beat.

I've got huge admiration for Ian Murray, he's been developing as a coach and put together a good team.
    But... they're a bit like the new Killie because Murray's players know how to play on that artificial surface. When they have to play away from home on heavy pitches it'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    I've got huge admiration for Ian Murray, he's been developing as a coach and put together a good team.
    But... they're a bit like the new Killie because Murray's players know how to play on that artificial surface. When they have to play away from home on heavy pitches it'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up.
    We saw on Friday night there Stoke

Penalty to the rangers! Xdxdxd

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Penalty to the rangers! Xdxdxd
    Never saw that coming. A real surprise! but further confirmation that the league and SKY are "invested" in keeping a 2 horse race going. Corrupt.

Page 277 of 349 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)