+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Nfl 2021

Stupid yankee sport

Off topic please.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Stupid yankee sport

Off topic please.
    FFS as Sneckie says it's one thread. and I can't be arsed opening up the Off topic forum always was a bit of a stretch for me
    It's not as if there are thousands posting on here anymore anyway and the NFL thread is getting in everyone's way

It'll be f'uckin darts net.

Actually, I'm happy to merge the two boards anyway.

I know that this has caused friction before, with folk afa upset that they might encounter some humorous thread on baked beans* or whatever while basking in the purity of a fitba only message board.

I think it was far better with one board and the O/T rule.

* I've only ever tried baked beans once, GADS, but I still like them better that American f'uckin fitba**

** I'm perfectly aware that nobody gives a flying f'uck whether I like american fitba or nae.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 18-05-2022 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Actually, I'm happy to merge the two boards anyway.

I know that this has caused friction before, with folk afa upset that they might encounter some humorous thread on baked beans* or whatever while basking in the purity of a fitba only message board.

* I've only ever tried baked beans once, GADS, but I still like them better that American f'uckin fitba**

** I'm perfectly aware that nobody gives a flying f'uck whether I like american fitba or nae.

How can you not like Baked Beans! Even cold they are great. Got to be Heinz though, anything else is just a poor imitation!

Brand aware are we?

Versace, Prada, Heinz.

In heat or eat Britain it's tesco value extra farter beans or nothing. (by royal appointment)

[QUOTE=donsdaft;40041905]Actually, I'm happy to merge the two boards anyway.

But you have a point on merged boards though. I don't really care either way - but if there are two boards either:
    - one is for football and one is for anything else
    - or one is for all sport and the other is just general chat.

If NFL goes on this board then so should proper mannies cricket, wimbledon, NBA, MLB, olympics - any sport (darts and snooker aren't sports - they're games). I just feel you can't just choose one non-fitba sport that is OK here but not want the others clogging up fitba thread (not that anyone who posts on American Throwball objected to other sports being here to the best of my knowledge).

Just my opinion, but I don't really count as I posted here years ago, I stopped, I lost my login details, I set up a new account, I kept reading but didn't post again for years!

So, tickets went on sale for the Giants GB game went on sale, fu cking clusterfu ck.
    In the Q for two hours, then nae dice.
    I bought a ticket on Viagogo for £220 or thereabouts, grade 6 probably face value £50-£60.

Checked a wee while ago grade 7 tickets £290.
    What is the thinking.behind playing the biggest game, well the game with the most interest, at the smallest stadium?

I'm guessing because Tottenham is "purpose built".

But surely getting the thick end of 30k more bums on seats makes more sense?

Did Tottenham last year for Jaguars/Falcons. Great stadium, but a ridiculous hassle to get there and back.
    Fancied the Munich game this year but when I joined the queue there were 440,000 folk in front of me. Tickets for that on viagogo the next day were 600-700. Watching on tv for me!

Boo
    Off topic
    Boo

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast