+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael obafemi

Michael obafemi

He is close to joining us in a 6 million pound deal.
    Now nothing against the lad but I would prefer the money spent in different areas and give Gallagher a genuine chance up front.
    We have butterworth and McBride waiting in the wings,in the event of injury.
    Our defence doesn't look overly strong and could definitely be given a boost and maybe a playmaker centrally wouldn't go amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    He is close to joining us in a 6 million pound deal.
    Now nothing against the lad but I would prefer the money spent in different areas and give Gallagher a genuine chance up front.
    We have butterworth and McBride waiting in the wings,in the event of injury.
    Our defence doesn't look overly strong and could definitely be given a boost and maybe a playmaker centrally wouldn't go amiss.
    It makes no sense at all.
    We have had to wait a few years before Gallagher even looks close to somebody worth paying £5m for. We have been down this road very recently. And clearly learnt nothing.
    This lad is unproven, not on our radar and is only being taken as it is part of the deal.
    We have only really made £9m from this sale, and 40% of that goes to Newcastle.
    And have lost 28 goals a season, and brought in on huge wages a lad who will not get anything close.

Smacks of a panic buy.
    Let's be honest here,if he was any good then Armstrong wouldn't be going there in the first place.
    Mowbray and money don't go together well at all.

We would have been better sitting him down and saying give us one more quality season and you will be the main man, still attracting attention, a better club than Southampton or Palace/Watford will come in.
    We should have asked what wages he wanted and given it him. And avoided all of this where will will not gain.

But it does put an end to it, Rovers need to move on and quick. You never know this lad from Brighton may be decent and this Obafemi could come in and be a revelation. Armstrong was average in his first 18 months with us and hit a golden patch and never looked back.
    We are even more reliant on Dack coming back and having an effect now. But Brereton & Gallagher need to keep stepping up.

They might well be both good for us but the defence still lays threadbare,like it has done for years.
    Patched up here and there but not really altered.
    Ayala won't stay injury free all season,dare I say probably 5 games and he will pick up a knock.
    Lenihan isn't a centre back and we all know that but still he is the best we have.
    Carter still is learning and mangalore probably won't progress at this level.
    Nyambe and Costello both have fitness issues.
    He neglects the defence time and time again,which is strange considering he was a defender by trade.

So a bit more on this now. It appears we are trying to get this done and are close to agreeing a £2.5m deal with add on's. (not them again ) but it is thought we are pretty close and they like the fact we have played ball with the Armstrong deal. This is seperate, but he is now further down the pecking order, so will probably want to move on.
    Mowbray has said he has looked at him, as have our recruitment team and they do feel (or TM does) that he could do a similar job with him as he did with Armstrong. They are quite similar. He is a bit raw, but Arma was at first.

the one that really has caught my eye is Brighton fans going mad about them letting this lad go out on loan. We really could be getting a quality player like Elliott there. But we desperately need some midfielders.

Could be good could be a waste of money but then again any player could fall into that category.
    I am far more excited about khadra from Brighton,who was at Brockhall on Monday.
    I expect this to go through today or tomorrow.
    Just wish more focus was made on the defence.
    Our best defender is a defensive midfielder and that tells you all you need to know about where our problems lie.

He has rejected us apparently.
    Not that fussed about it but I think many players will turn us down.
    We no longer have the pull of yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    He has rejected us apparently.
    Not that fussed about it but I think many players will turn us down.
    We no longer have the pull of yesteryear.
    Yeah I've heard the same. Oh well. They will have to move on.

Interesting that Swansea have made a move.
    Now if its true that he didn't want to come here but ends up there,that's a come down in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)