+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shameless plug

Shameless plug

I don't think this has been officially released yet, but Rob Endeacott and Ben Hunt have put together this Leeds United kit book that makes a better-than-decent stab at covering the first hundred years of the club.

Everyone should be grateful that I had nothing whatsoever to do with the text, but I believe 18 of "my" matchworn shirts made it into the book.

Should be worth a peek, if nothing else?

https://www.pitchpublishing.co.uk/sh...ted-collection

Cheers Orgs looks worth a read

This one should be in it - I converted an unused bedroom into a "photographic studio" a few months back!

Are the ones you own all keeper ones, Orgs? And how many have you got altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Are the ones you own all keeper ones, Orgs? And how many have you got altogether?
    He has some awesome shirts from the 70s including some great ones with smiley badges I believe

I bet this shirt won't be in the book !

If it's on your rails it'll be the one that 'drops' off its hangar.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

I bet this shirt won't be in the book !

If it's on your rails it'll be the one that 'drops' off its hangar.
    Unsurprisingly, I do have a Rachubka shirt, but it's not that particular one. I keep it on the hanger with extra strength velcro.

I'm pretty sure that all of the goalkeeper shirts that made it into the book are from here.

I tried to cover as many seasons/manufacturers/colours/sponsors as possible for my remit of 16 different goalkeepers. It was surprisingly tricky and it took me weeks to work out what finally made sense with the two authors. Sprake to Meslier.

If I'd had my way, there would have been twice as many included (especially for our better goalkeepers), but there could always be a second edition...

I don't have the best or rarest collection of shirts (Ben has a "museum" you can visit at his home in the UK!), but I think I mightt have the best coverage of goalkeepers (I do have a fair number of outfield ones too - a couple of my rarer ones also made it in).

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Unsurprisingly, I do have a Rachubka shirt, but it's not that particular one. I keep it on the hanger with extra strength velcro.

I'm pretty sure that all of the goalkeeper shirts that made it into the book are from here.

I tried to cover as many seasons/manufacturers/colours/sponsors as possible for my remit of 16 different goalkeepers. It was surprisingly tricky and it took me weeks to work out what finally made sense with the two authors. Sprake to Meslier.

If I'd had my way, there would have been twice as many included (especially for our better goalkeepers), but there could always be a second edition...

I don't have the best or rarest collection of shirts (Ben has a "museum" you can visit at his home in the UK!), but I think I mightt have the best coverage of goalkeepers (I do have a fair number of outfield ones too - a couple of my rarer ones also made it in).
    I had this nasty image of you bolting into a phone booth to whip on a different jersey before each Leeds game on the tele ! 😃

I'll give my Mum a text to pop into Waterstones book shop to get a copy as she's now in the sunny port of Kings Lynn Norfolk, England organising shipping containers of barley from France & was planning a day on the beach at Hunstanton so it'll be a good read for her and myself later.

Which shirt colour of Rachubka to you have then - Green or Yellow with number 12 ?

Rachubka: Yellow 11/12 from Peterborough (A). As you say, #12.

I didn't mind him as much as many.

I was a (failed) youth GK at a red and white striped club, but only started collecting Leeds GK shirts when I saw they were generally being overlooked and thought they often seemed more interesting than the outfield shirts.

One shirt led to another. And another. And now it's got out of hand!

Player shirt prices have gone mental in the last couple of years - when I first started (a signed "Thistle Hotels" Gary Speed shirt - still one of my favourites), they often didn't set me back much more than the distinctly different replicas.

They're scary stupid now. More's the pity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)