+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Least said the better in that second half .

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Playing some good stuff but Woodrow’s touch is bad again! And Miller’s crossing is shocking.
    Benson looks absolute quality.
    Yes - I’d agree with that.
    J.Williams had a bad game.
    And again we have nothing up front.
    I fear Victors time at the Well is coming to an end.
    Odour didn’t look good either as a striker.

But - as you say some good build up play - just toothless.
    Out of all of them - I thought Miller showed the most promise.
    The last 15 minutes we looked absolutely shattered.
    We have a shed load of recovering to do if we are going to face Coventry.
    On toneets performance we would struggle against any Championship side.
    One positive tho ……. Cole missed in the penalty shoot out so thankfully we are out of this daft cup.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 10-08-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Rotten second half, Schopp making stupid changes using all the subs with half an hour to go then Miller goes down with cramp and has to be changed position to be able to stay on?
    Devante Cole takes a bad Penalty and we are out, serves Schopp right hope he learns from this!
    Good points are Moon looks like a real prospect, Benson a really good buy, Miller actually played ok apart from his crossing but he isn’t a winger and Halme is a really good option in future from the bench and had a solid game.
    Bad points are Walton not being able to catch a ball, choosing to punch it out when he could catch it? Kane is worse than useless, Thompson is nowhere near ready for first team action based on 30 minutes of seeing him, Odour can’t pass when under pressure because he panics too much, Cole looks like the same Cole we had before on loan, still makes the runs but either loses it or tries shooting from stupid areas.
    Apart from that we are brilliant!!!!!!

Shameful display overall only good point was some of the fringe players in squad are no way ready to step up except 1 or 2 its early doors quicker the 2 belgium lads start the better hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    Shameful display overall only good point was some of the fringe players in squad are no way ready to step up except 1 or 2 its early doors quicker the 2 belgium lads start the better hopefully
    Good in parts eh?

Normally we all say it doesn't really matter, going out of this naff competition in the first round. But I think theres a sense of disappointment that we haven't won that tie tonight.

But for me, the old League cup in its many formats and under many different sponsors has had its day, and is just a waste of snap n baccy nowadays!.

The main priority for us is the Champship of course, I think that goes without saying.

Bolton fan here. Like you, we rested a few and gave some game time to lads who've been injured or isolating but you absolutely dominated us for the first 25 minutes and really should have scored. Several Bolton fans commented on how good your team is and have quality in your build up play. Evatt obviously had a word in their ear at half time and then we were a different proposition and nearly nicked it at the death.
    The general opinion is that you definitely have the makings of a good team and should do well this year.
    We played Preston (won 1 nil) and Blackburn (2 apiece) in the preseason and TBH we thought your lot were better than either of them.
    Good luck for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Bolton fan here. Like you, we rested a few and gave some game time to lads who've been injured or isolating but you absolutely dominated us for the first 25 minutes and really should have scored. Several Bolton fans commented on how good your team is and have quality in your build up play. Evatt obviously had a word in their ear at half time and then we were a different proposition and nearly nicked it at the death.
    The general opinion is that you definitely have the makings of a good team and should do well this year.
    We played Preston (won 1 nil) and Blackburn (2 apiece) in the preseason and TBH we thought your lot were better than either of them.
    Good luck for the rest of the season.
    Same to you pal.

Tahh Wander, and hey if we're going to compare styles of football and levels of opposition, then yeah you might be right that the pre season friendlies are similar to the League cup 1st round.
    By that I mean your not going to see either team at their best and at full strength are you, and Im guessing that Bolton also made a number of changes for this cup tie.

Wrote out a scathing report last night upon my return home.... decided not to post.... all i can say is terrible 2nd half by all. Toothless monotony... 1600 made the effort..... shame it wasnt 1611.... oh well not hitting the panic button just yet ( we'd probably miss it)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast