+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Barnsley Match Thoughts

The morning after.....

Well we got what we deserved in the end, nothing. Started brightly for first 30 mins or so, but again poor up front, toothless as Nudge already said. Last season at times we could blame the hit, hoof and hope style not helping our front 3 but not last night, as I said we started well and outplayed Bolton with some nice attacking football first half, but to no avail.

Second half got worse as the game progressed right until Cole tame penalty miss. Even our new star man Benson went missing most of the second half, Styles below par before being replaced by Kane who was way off the pace required, quite worrying in fact for his supposed ability. So we were left with just the back 3 and a couple of good saves by Walton to get us to penalties. Miller worked hard but created very little and Jordan Williams only seemed to start doing something when he was switched to RWB late on. Thompson and Cole got valuable game time but did not look threatening.

Part of the problem is continuous new managers coming in and taking the required time to see and access his players. Some not up to the required standard have left recently but most of us supporters know well the players we still have at the club who simply are not good enough. Hopefully after last night MS also knows now.

So we move onto Saturday and with a stronger starting X1 let's hope we can get a good win and 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Wrote out a scathing report last night upon my return home.... decided not to post.... all i can say is terrible 2nd half by all. Toothless monotony... 1600 made the effort..... shame it wasnt 1611.... oh well not hitting the panic button just yet ( we'd probably miss it)
    Can understand your feelings BD you having travelled to Bolton in good spirits and then a poor performance to well dampen them.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Wrote out a scathing report last night upon my return home.... decided not to post.... all i can say is terrible 2nd half by all. Toothless monotony... 1600 made the effort..... shame it wasnt 1611.... oh well not hitting the panic button just yet ( we'd probably miss it)
    Must be very disheartening.
    I didn’t see the first 10 minutes - but I saw the rest of it.
    In the 1st half how many times were we camped on their 18 yarder - and never had a strike at goal !?!?!
    And when in on goal we couldn’t hit the target FFS !!!
    Victors miss, when he blasted wide from about 16 yards IMO was the stand out incident.

As with all games - if you don’t score when you have the majority of play it does two things:
    The confidence of the team that can’t score plummets.
    The confidence of the team that has been defending for most of the match starts to improve and eventually goes through the roof.
    All psychological - and we’ve seen this time and again at Barnsley.
    If we had got one striker on the field that was capable of scoring just one goal during the period when we were dominant - then as is often said - it would have been a totally different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Must be very disheartening.
    I didn’t see the first 10 minutes - but I saw the rest of it.
    In the 1st half how many times were we camped on their 18 yarder - and never had a strike at goal !?!?!
    And when in on goal we couldn’t hit the target FFS !!!
    Victors miss, when he blasted wide from about 16 yards IMO was the stand out incident.

As with all games - if you don’t score when you have the majority of play it does two things:
    The confidence of the team that can’t score plummets.
    The confidence of the team that has been defending for most of the match starts to improve and eventually goes through the roof.
    All psychological - and we’ve seen this time and again at Barnsley.
    If we had got one striker on the field that was capable of scoring just one goal during the period when we were dominant - then as is often said - it would have been a totally different game.
    Morris wasnt playin is that the striker you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Morris wasnt playin is that the striker you mean.
    Any striker would do.

I'm afraid it's time Victor moved on for the benefit of the club and himself .

I'm sure he's a decent kid and trains well but the fact remains he just isn't good enough .

Val may have loved his attitude but it's nothing without talent .

Coles penalty was pathetic, ive just seen the highlights.

I had doubts about his signing, this miss doesnt define him but it adds to my reservations about him. Cheap option anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm afraid it's time Victor moved on for the benefit of the club and himself .

I'm sure he's a decent kid and trains well but the fact remains he just isn't good enough .

Val may have loved his attitude but it's nothing without talent .
    Disagree with him moving on Animal. I think he's got summat. Personally I'd persevere and send him out on a loan deal in lg1/lg2. He'll get some goals and regular starts and his confidence builds. I like his attributes, they just need honing which isn't going to happen here if he dunt play regularly.

Lack of goalscoring no9 is were we are short.... unfortunately at 5or6 million for an half decent championship sticker is out of our price range.... 1 league and 1 cup game in its as obvious as the hole in my backside... i just hope 1 of thease Belgium lads can do it.
    Still way more gutted than i should be after 1-1and 0-0..
    We loose hell of a lot of aerial battles without Mads ive also noticed.....

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Disagree with him moving on Animal. I think he's got summat. Personally I'd persevere and send him out on a loan deal in lg1/lg2. He'll get some goals and regular starts and his confidence builds. I like his attributes, they just need honing which isn't going to happen here if he dunt play regularly.
    Victors been out on loan in the last 2 years to Bristol Rovers and Cambridge Pass, where he made 26 appearances and scored 1 goal, he’s got 4 in 57 appearances for us that’s 5 goals in 83 games!
    It’s time for him to move on and get a wage off the club bill, once these 2 new Belgian lads are up to speed him and Miller won’t see a bench never mind a pitch!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast