+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prediction League - Leicester City

Prediction League - Leicester City

With a new season starting, we are back to predicting whether our beloved Wolves are triumphant or despondent each and every match. Here are the rules:
    1. Each person will predict the final score for both teams, plus a Wolves goal scorer. (For knockout competitions, we will only count the score after 90 minutes)
    2. One point will be rewarded for correctly predicting the result (example: I predict Wolves to win 2-1 and Wolves win but at a score of 2-0)
    3. Three points will be rewarded for correctly predicting the result and final score
    4. CHANGE - One point will be rewarded for correctly predicting a Wolves goal scorer.

I decided to get rid of the point differential and just award a full point. I also thought we could just pick one scorer and if they score at any point, it counts. Just trying to generate some more points. Because there is an increased likelihood of a tie at the end of the season, the tie breaker will be which predictor got three points from a game the most. If that is a tie, it’ll be whoever got the most goal scorers correct. I doubt we will need tiebreakers though.

Anyone is welcome to participate and there’s no deadline for joining.

Wolves head to Leicester for the first match. Wolves have looked shaky in the preseason friendlies under the new manager, but we also only played one match with the full available squad, and we still have a couple attackers out injured (Podence and Neto). I know Bruno wants to bring in a couple more players so the squad we see Saturday might not be the squad we see a month from now. Leicester are coming off a solid season and even won their first FA Cup. They finished just outside of the Champions League spots due to a late season stretch where they struggled. Fans might be alright trading the Champions League for some hardware, however. I think Wolves will struggle against a more solidified squad.

Leicester City 3-1 Wolves

Jimenez

Leicester City 2 Wolves 1

Jimenez

Many thanks for doing this again Mich. Best wishes.
    Last edited by Woking88; 09-08-2021 at 09:22 PM.

I think we will struggle in this first, difficult game.

3-0 Leicester.

Thanks for setting this up again Mich, personally I think the idea of .1 for the goalscorer works better as the goalscorer is a more arbitrary thing?

I don't see us getting anything out of this either, 3-1 to them and Gibbs-White our goalscorer.

I sincerely hope that we have more involved than this!

Leicester 2-0 Wolves

Not convinced our defence is good enough. I think this is going to be another trying season. I don't see us in a relegation battle but we still need strengthening to reach the levels of our first two seasons.

Leicester City 4 Wolves 2

Jimenez

Many thanks for doing this again Mich.

Foxes 2 - Wolves 2 (Jimenez)

Leicester 1 Wolves 1

Jimenez

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)