+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dike to WBA

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    We don’t know.
    Although I do know, what has been told to the Barnsley supporters when he first signed - and then contrary to that he returns to Orlando - in no way adds up.
    And then to add to that - neither does the lack of speculation surrounding him.
    Either the Barnsley fans were told untruths when he first signed - or - something happened that we are not being made aware of.
    It would not surprise me one bit to hear that the circumstances surrounding Dike has caused some individuals to consider their employment at the club.
    I’ll not believe anything relating to Dike - until I have had an opportunity to talk to someone at Barnsley who knows the facts.

I told Radio Sheffield there was a story relating to Hecky moving to Leeds.
    They just brushed it off saying he had gone to a bigger club.
    We now know that wasn’t anywhere near the full story.

And I’m now saying - there is a story here regarding Dike - because what was said - and then what happened - just does not make any sense.
    Dont think we'll get any info frm club nudge, ceo ant left yit.its 2 quiet sometimes are club, they said a fee was agreed we could afford, no idea how much are new 3 strikers av cost, plus wages, if all three are on 5grand a week thats 15grand dike could av been on. they might give us a big surprise and sign him before window closes,eh?👍

Simply put..... why the heck would someone sign for barnsley on 10 to15 grand at a push... when they .. Val... Mowat...Dike can sign for West brom for 40 grand.... its a job like any other to thease people..... money talks bullsh.. walks. If i got loaned to Orlando but new york were gonna treble the wage id be signing on before the ink was dry

We couldn't match west brom for money even if we had parachute payments and they didnt. They are that much bigger

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    We couldn't match west brom for money even if we had parachute payments and they didnt. They are that much bigger

Maybe his only way out of the agreement with us is he says he doesnt want to play in england,i think if he comes to england were going to get a per cent of the money he goes for which was above wat we were going to sign him for,we develop players thats how we get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Simply put..... why the heck would someone sign for barnsley on 10 to15 grand at a push... when they .. Val... Mowat...Dike can sign for West brom for 40 grand.... its a job like any other to thease people..... money talks bullsh.. walks. If i got loaned to Orlando but new york were gonna treble the wage id be signing on before the ink was dry
    For arguments sake lets say the 2 we paid for was around 1m each,theres your 40,000 plus 15,000 wages fr. other lads,so deffo possibility if we did it that way, were not going to put all our eggs in 1 basket, cant blame them.if they sell dike this window we'll get summat

Sumdi's telling porkies sumweear.

Honest Dane said we had agreed a fee "around the fee/ budget than was within our normal range", which is around/ just over £1 million.

Orlando say they were looking at around £20 million.

Summat's not reyt.

We move on. Just like Ismael and Honest Dane have done.

I see your point red..... but if we did that and got the cash somehow to pay Dike 40grand pw... and it probably is possible..
    BUT....
    If you do this then the rest of the team will quite rightly be kicking to door down. Demanding to be on at least similar wages....
    What im saying is a club our size can not break our wage structure... remember Portsmouth 2008. Wages crippled em. Because kanu and co.
    Its only what i believe to be true mate

If Dike was coming to us he would have been here by now? For me he will sign for WBA on deadline day? We have Oulare, Iseka, Woodrow and Morris to compete up front now with Cole and Odour adding options up front if needed, can’t see us signing another forward.
    For me another Midfielder and LWB are priorities? Apart from Benson, Palmer and Styles in Midfield we have nobody good enough to compete, Kane and Miller are just not good enough or maybe sign 2 Midfielders and put Styles back to LWB?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12