+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When exactly did Ardley become a bad manager.?

When exactly did Ardley become a bad manager.?

In my abscence (due to my ban)some people who previously declared they were fans of Ardley then declared he wasnt very good after all and infact described him as rubbish.
    It would be interesting to know when people came to this conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    In my abscence (due to my ban)some people who previously declared they were fans of Ardley then declared he wasnt very good after all and infact described him as rubbish.
    It would be interesting to know when people came to this conclusion?
    Getting that squad relegated was all the evidence you need.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Getting that squad relegated was all the evidence you need.
    Initially me to but I thought the fear of relegation dictated his negative style of play.
    When I realised this was his plan to get us promotion then I thought it was time for him to go

I am assuming that the last LP you played you glued to the turntable with araldite?

October 13th. Why are we still talking about him?!?

When did he become a good manager? Throughout his first season with us he would always JUST do enough to keep the pressure off of himself but every opportunity we had to take the next step away from relegation we'd slip up and let off the teams around us.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I am assuming that the last LP you played you glued to the turntable with araldite?
    Ha ha, my thoughts exactly...let's resurrect the same ole sh!te over and over again.

When he was manager of Wimbledon

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    October 13th. Why are we still talking about him?!?
    Somebody very close to my heart defended Ardley at every corner proclaiming he was a good manager..
    He mocked people for 2 years if they called him a crap manager but then declared the other week Ardley was rubbish.
    I'm just interested when he came to this particular decision.
    This individual backed Ardley and said it was a mistake to sack him yet ardley has done nothing since as a manager for anyone to change thier opinion of him....yet this individual has all of a sudden proclaimed Ardley was indeed rubbish..!

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    When he was manager of Wimbledon
    Think he was having a pretty torrid time there too when he was sacked. They couldn't win a raffle and were firmly in the relegation zone. Ardley was on a downward spiral when he joined us and never really recovered. He simply did not know how to win.

Wimbledon soon picked up after he left and they got a proper manager in. Yes Notts were a mess that season, but Ardley signed 7 players in January that should have complimented an already competitive and expensively assembled squad. He had Hemmings and Dennis at his disposal...there was no way we should have gone down.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast