+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Peterborough v Derby

Matchday Thread: Peterborough v Derby

So we've had flawed but feisty against Hudd and The Kids Are Alright against Salford, what's your list of hopes and fears against The Posh?

Me? Narrow victory.

Don't forget y'all, 1230 kick off

Assuming it was a weakened Posh side that suffered humiliation at the hands of Plymouth last night.

Who can say what our side will be on Saturday and then there’s the ‘Marriott’ factor.

Well we ought to be able to get a result, so I'll be optimistic and say a 2-0 win.

Benjamin the donkey says 3-0 Peterbrough (Marriot 2, Roos og)

I say Roos og because I cannot name any other Peterbrough player

Why are the called the Posh anyway? I've been there and its certainly not posh at all: and no connection to the liner shipping industry that I know of

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Benjamin the donkey says 3-0 Peterbrough (Marriot 2, Roos og)

I say Roos og because I cannot name any other Peterbrough player

Why are the called the Posh anyway? I've been there and its certainly not posh at all: and no connection to the liner shipping industry that I know of
    Peterborough United are nicknamed "The Posh", a moniker coined in 1921, after Pat Tirrell, manager of Fletton United, was reported to say he was "Looking for posh players for a posh new team". ... Peterborough & Fletton United went bankrupt in October 1932 so the current club is the third to be known as The Posh.

Gutted! Thought our luck had changed, but no...we still seem to be cursed.
    Really didn’t deserve to lose that.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Gutted! Thought our luck had changed, but no...we still seem to be cursed.
    Really didn’t deserve to lose that.
    Didn't deserve to win either. While it stayed 0-0 I thought it might go either way by a single goal. We got that goal which spurred them on. Conceding 2 in injury time, even if it was 13 minutes in the end, shouldn't happen.

Joz not scot free for the 1st but he only made the first mistake letting their player get in front. Worse was Byrne leaving Burroughs all alone in front of goal.

Byrne's losing control and only being able to move the ball to Dembele's feet gave them their 2nd.

One win in seven****!!
    I don't see much to cheer this season!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Didn't deserve to win either. While it stayed 0-0 I thought it might go either way by a single goal. We got that goal which spurred them on. Conceding 2 in injury time, even if it was 13 minutes in the end, shouldn't happen.

Joz not scot free for the 1st but he only made the first mistake letting their player get in front. Worse was Byrne leaving Burroughs all alone in front of goal.

Byrne's losing control and only being able to move the ball to Dembele's feet gave them their 2nd.
    Sorry MA, I know you always defend him and I admire your loyalty, but for me Jozwiak is rapidly turning into the worst signing since Claude.
    Once Morrison went off our ‘string puller’ and brains were gone.
    Don’t understand Lawrence being captain either. Get the amateur psychology, but he isn’t a leader and never will be. Somewhere amongst the debris there were some heroic performances from the likes of Davies, Stearman, Shinnie and Sibley.
    Await your full appraisal with interest, not least as regards your adopted fellow countryman.

P.S. At least there was nothing from Marriott to make us think we’d lost anything.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 14-08-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry MA, I know you always defend him and I admire your loyalty, but for me Jozwiak is rapidly turning into the worst signing since Claude.
    Once Morrison went off our ‘string puller’ and brains were gone.
    Don’t understand Lawrence being captain either. Get the amateur psychology, but he isn’t a leader and never will be. Somewhere amongst the debris there were some heroic performances from the likes of Davies, Stearman, Shinnie and Sibley.
    Await your full appraisal with interest, not least as regards your adopted fellow countryman.

P.S. At least there was nothing from Marriott to make us think we’d lost anything.
    My two penn'orth

1, Lets hope CKR isn't as injured as he looked
    2, First half completely dire, so many different personnel have adopted the 'play pointlessly across the back' it must be a management instruction, and who of those who watched that today would want to pay to see more?
    3, What's with this 'pass goal kicks to Roos in the six yard box' thing? Bonkers
    4, Notwithstanding 3, Roos distribution is somewhere between poor and alarming
    5, Esebole disappointing, may we all got a bit carried away with tuesday's efforts
    6, Jozwiak a liability and with respect to other opinions I'm not interested in him missing his mate, played better for Poland, needs to settle - we need him to perform to at least a basic level NOW
    7, Lawrence not much better

I don't have any positives

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)