+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lads on Tour

Will have to hope for a link up for Runcorn on 11 September.

Sinkov what are the Saturday home fixtures late September?

I'm away from the 9th for a week.

I'm away back end of September, it's looking like October, these are two possibilities.

Sat Oct 9th Liversedge, Cup game, FA Trophy.
    Sat Oct 23rd Widnes, League game.

Sat Oct 23rd Widnes, League game. I think we should make firm arrangements for this one if we can all agree.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sat Oct 23rd Widnes, League game. I think we should make firm arrangements for this one if we can all agree.
    I’m fine with the Widnes game.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I’m fine with the Widnes game.
    OK we will do it. Anybody else want to meet up and watch a VAR free game?

sinkov ---I see that the top of the table clash went the wrong way for you. Was it a good game and did you get a good crowd, in spite of being let down by all the other lads?

A cracking game Sub, 675 on, and a wake up call for me. I was thinking Clitheroe could be the best team in the league this season, but I was wrong, Workington were the better team, and no mistake. I should have expected it, Workington were about ten points clear when the virus brought the season to a halt, they should have been promoted back then and be playing at a higher level, but I can't see anything stopping them this time, unless Covid shuts it all down again. Play-offs are still on though, we won't be meeting many teams like Workington, and there are some serious players being lined up to sign for us, at least three from a higher level should be coming in soon, so it should still be a good season. How's it going at Ashington ?

Your usual fair appraisal, sinkov, and I hope that you pick up again and have a good season.
    Ashington play Redcar at home tonight and I shall be there early because you can get curry or chilli and a pint for a fiver before, during or after the game. My mate and I are partaking before the game so it will be a good night, season ticket was 30 quid for 19 home games!
    This will be our 9th league match and we are currently 5th in the table and just 5 points off the top. Biggest problem is that they have not been able to field a settled team up to now because of involvement with cricket by Ben Harmison and another lad. It has meant that they have only lost 1 game but have drawn 4 and won 3. Mind you, there have been 28 goals scored in the 8 matches and there promises to be more tonight!
    Still early days yet but it should be a steady season.

Sounds good Sub, I don't miss the PL one little bit, I'm sure you won't either. Our manager was on Ribble Valley radio this morning, he didn't beat about the bush, 'No excuses', he said, 'sometimes you just have to hold your hand up and admit it, we were beaten by a better team.' Proper football, I love it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)