+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lads on Tour

Enjoy your day fellas

Just had a look at the table, you should win this one and get back on track. Good luck.

Cheers Alto. Should win this Chris, we have some very good players for this level, but the results don't reflect it and the problem is not unlike the Clarets, we struggle to put the ball in the net when the chances occur, we put 7 past Bootle early on in the season, I'm not sure we've scored 7 in total since.
    Still it's only non league, it used to ruin my weekend when the Clarets lost, if Clitheroe get beat I just shrug my shoulders and wait to see what the next game brings. Off down to meet up with Outwood now, we can have a good moan about Burnley as well.

2-1 unless I've been misinformed, well done.

Same old story Chris but just got away with it this time, should have been 5-0 up half time but only scored two, scrappy second half, but no real problem until the 85th minute when Widnes got a penalty, scored it, and it was panic stations for the next 10 minutes until the final whistle went.

Clitheroe v Widnes Match Report

After the usual mad panic in the Outwood household this Saturday morning, as I realised I had not put my phone on charge after being out on a do the previous night, things gradually settled down. Got my train tickets from Manchester in good time and copped some Reading fans en route to Blackburn and a clutch of Pompey fans making their way to Accrington.

Clitheroe made a bright start and capitalised with an early goal on 7 minutes as Zac Clarke cut in from the right wing and curled a left foot shot into the bottom corner. Jake Connelly was making some forceful runs down the left wing but his crosses were missing their mark. However Clitheroe pressure finally told after 25 minutes when promising 18 year old centre half Harrison Burke swept the ball home in a goalmouth scramble. Sinkov had given me the heads up on this player and he put in a eye catching performance to go with his goal.

The news from Southampton was good as Maxwel Cornet had made the breakthrough at St Mary’s. Clitheroe continued to create and miss good chances. 2-0 at half time but it could have been 4 or 5 as the Widnes keeper was keeping the visitors in the game with a string of fine saves. The news from Southampton was not so good. Saints had drawn level at the interval.

The second half at Shawbridge kicked off with Widnes coming more into the game and we wondered if Clitheroe would rue all those missed chances. It was edgy so I checked the score from St Mary’s again on the hour mark and it was now 2-2. Cornet at the double after Saints had grabbed the lead. Could the Clarets hold on for a point? Could Clitheroe see out the game? Five minutes left and Widnes were awarded a clear-cut penalty which was converted. A few minutes of added time saw more nerves shredded in the near 600 crowd before the full-time whistle sounded. 2-1 Clitheroe. A check on the BBC and it had ended 2-2 down at St Mary’s. Not quite the dull dour game I had predicted. With a performance like that I joked we could actually be fourth game on MOTD. Turns out were.

Matchday experience? A lovely ground in a picturesque setting with Clitheroe castle on the hill above. Proper football with proper prices. Really tasty pre match pie (thanks sinkov) and you could but not love the border collie following the action so intently with his paws up on the perimeter wall. What is there not to enjoy indeed on a trip to Clitheroe?

I would have loved to have joined you and sinkov outwood, unfortunately the NHS had other ideas.

Old Bob the father-in-law was due to be discharged to a Respite Centre after being hospitalised for the last five weeks after suffering a heavy fall.

Sadly, the Doctor in charge of his care deliberated for a couple of hours and then said she needed to make sure a secondary "infection" needed to be cleared up before he could leave the hospital.

My wife told her we are being treated like mushrooms, kept in the dark and being fed on bull$hit. It did not seem to go down very well with those "in charge".

We have not been allowed access to my father-in-law now for five weeks and there seems to be absolutely nothing we can do about it because of "COVID 19 restrictions".

To top it all off, I'm also expecting Blow Job will cancel Christmas again, any time soon...

Attachment 20188

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I would have loved to have joined you and sinkov outwood, unfortunately the NHS had other ideas.

Old Bob the father-in-law was due to be discharged to a Respite Centre after being hospitalised for the last five weeks after suffering a heavy fall.

Sadly, the Doctor in charge of his care deliberated for a couple of hours and then said she needed to make sure a secondary "infection" needed to be cleared up before he could leave the hospital.

My wife told her we are being treated like mushrooms, kept in the dark and being fed on bull$hit. It did not seem to go down very well with those "in charge".

We have not been allowed access to my father-in-law now for five weeks and there seems to be absolutely nothing we can do about it because of "COVID 19 restrictions".

To top it all off, I'm also expecting Blow Job will cancel Christmas again, any time soon...

Attachment 20188
    Can’t wait til you join us back on tour BT. Your father in law is rightly your priority at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Not for the first time BT, you've got it completely and utterly the wrong way round. Last week, no doubt to distract us from the fact that our MPs had just betrayed us again over emergency powers, Project Fear went into overdrive again.

Matthew Taylor, NHS Confederation Chief Executive was demanding, as a matter of urgency, that Boris enacts Plan B. Matthew of course has no medical qualifications or expertise whatsoever, he's a Lefty Common Purpose graduate, ex Labour Councillor and bagman for the obnoxious Tony Blair, but in this lunatic asylum he can pronounce on the nation's response to Covid and the media takes him seriously.

The BMA, the doctor's Union, made the same demand, on no evidence whatsoever, they demanded the immediate implementation of Plan B. Seems to me they're getting their retaliation in first, when the NHS and the medical professionals fail in their task of looking after us this winter, they'll shrug their shoulders, and blame Boris because he didn't bring back muzzles in October.

Several Mad Scientists piled in as well, including Whitty of course, Starmer came out from under his stone to join in with the prophets of doom and the media, especially the BBC, lapped it up, providing a non stop propaganda barrage for the next 48 hours.

Boris ignored all of this and said it was all going as expected, better than expected even, and there was no need to panic or bring in any restrictions. What you seem incapable of seeing BT with your Lefty blinkers on, is that there is only Boris, Javid and perhaps a couple of dozen Tory MPs standing between us having a Christmas and it being cancelled as most of the NHS, SAGE, The Labour Party, the Media, the SJWs on Facebook and the Tw@tterati would dearly love it to be.

Wake up mon ami, on this Boris is your friend, if Christmas is cancelled it'll be your Lefty chums responsible, not Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not for the first time BT, you've got it completely and utterly the wrong way round. Last week, no doubt to distract us from the fact that our MPs had just betrayed us again over emergency powers, Project Fear went into overdrive again.

Matthew Taylor, NHS Confederation Chief Executive was demanding, as a matter of urgency, that Boris enacts Plan B. Matthew of course has no medical qualifications or expertise whatsoever, he's a Lefty Common Purpose graduate, ex Labour Councillor and bagman for the obnoxious Tony Blair, but in this lunatic asylum he can pronounce on the nation's response to Covid and the media takes him seriously.

The BMA, the doctor's Union, made the same demand, on no evidence whatsoever, they demanded the immediate implementation of Plan B. Seems to me they're getting their retaliation in first, when the NHS and the medical professionals fail in their task of looking after us this winter, they'll shrug their shoulders, and blame Boris because he didn't bring back muzzles in October.

Several Mad Scientists piled in as well, including Whitty of course, Starmer came out from under his stone to join in with the prophets of doom and the media, especially the BBC, lapped it up, providing a non stop propaganda barrage for the next 48 hours.

Boris ignored all of this and said it was all going as expected, better than expected even, and there was no need to panic or bring in any restrictions. What you seem incapable of seeing BT with your Lefty blinkers on, is that there is only Boris, Javid and perhaps a couple of dozen Tory MPs standing between us having a Christmas and it being cancelled as most of the NHS, SAGE, The Labour Party, the Media, the SJWs on Facebook and the Tw@tterati would dearly love it to be.

Wake up mon ami, on this Boris is your friend, if Christmas is cancelled it'll be your Lefty chums responsible, not Boris.
    sinkov ---you are far too cynical or ----do you just think for yourself? That is something which those running the show are trying to stop, you must do exactly as you are told ---no ifs or buts.
    As an ex-serviceman I was used to doing as I was told, however, it did not stop my having an opinion and speaking out if I thought it necessary ---and I did. I am sure that you, as an ex-firefighter also went through the same procedure but you needed to utilise common sense to do your job and used your experience to make the correct decisions.

We have been faced with this so-called 'Pandemic' which is something that nobody has had any experience of dealing with, however, 'they' who think that they are in the know are telling us this, that and the other and that you must conform, otherwise you will perish. Strange, because life goes on ---admittedly ---not for everyone, however, that is a daily thing. As I always say, waken up in the morning and be happy ---the morning that you don't waken up ---it won't be your problem ---and I don't believe in Funeral Plans ---because I won't be able to enjoy what I have paid for!

Life goes on, I keep getting great offers on lovely wines, I have walked almost 40 miles this week, had my booster jab without problems, refused my 'flu' jab as normal and helped several veterans who really do have problems.
    Only bad point was Ashington getting beat 5-0 yesterday at West Auckland who they had beat 4-0 earlier in the season.

It's a great life if you just get on with it! Cheers!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)