+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Lads on Tour

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'll be there, if you lads can make it.
    Another day then sinkov.

There's a raft of away games coming up, January 22nd against Mossley is the next possibility.

There's a raft of away games coming up, January 22nd against Mossley is the next possibility.
    A New Year meet up then to look forward to.

It's a good job that you guys aren't meeting up today, I have just seen that the game is off because of a waterlogged pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    It's a good job that you guys aren't meeting up today, I have just seen that the game is off because of a waterlogged pitch.
    Not surprised at that, the ground is right on the banks of the Irwell, waterlogged is standard, on a dry day it's just heavy.

Not surprised at that, the ground is right on the banks of the Irwell, waterlogged is standard, on a dry day it's just heavy.
    The Irwell goes right on through Radcliffe. I could have got to the game in my coracle.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    The Irwell goes right on through Radcliffe. I could have got to the game in my coracle.
    They've got huge safety nets on one side of the ground Outwood, to prevent time wasting defenders hoofing the ball into the Irwell, apparently the youth of Radcliffe were having a field day fishing Rammy's balls out of the Irwell and flogging them on Ebay. They've put a stop to that.

In one respect it's a good job the game is off, Chester have recalled our hero Harrison Burke from his loan spell with us, he's destined to go to a club at a higher level next week. It was always going to happen, he's far too good for our level, if they're good enough for two divisions higher, they'll go sooner rather than later, we just can't keep them. At least we've got a week to find a replacement, all we've got at the moment is Buzzer, the youth team lad playing right-back, he can play in the centre in an emergency but he's not a long term solution.

Have we got time for a meet before the season’s end?

At home to Colne next Monday Outwood, but not ideal for meeting up, they were still queuing to get in ten minutes after kick-off on Saturday and there was only just over 1,000 on, be close to 2,000 against Colne, it will be mayhem, every man for himself. April 22nd at home to Kidsgrove might be a better bet, but if the play offs are still on that'll be thronged as well.

On the other hand, I'm taking Mrs S to the game against Northwich 1874 on Saturday on Barnton's ground, that should be relatively peaceful.

I'm away chaps until the 25th, I will be calling upon you Sir Outwood to fill the void.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)