+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: It's ooooor oil

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Do you think that will happen or be fudged.
    Fudged completely,it’s not even 4 years away ,the tech needs to be in place now so it can be rolled out softly the UK is nowhere near that…

But that's kinda what amazed me that a "govt" backed scheme were more than happy to give me a new gas boiler and 7 radiators.....ok it's a much more efficient boiler and replaces an 18 year old one (was still working perfectly ok) but with all this stuff on the telly and papers I honestly thought they wouldn't replace like for like.

And how many more folk will be getting the same, speaking to the surveyor and plumbers it seemed like it was pretty common.
    It’ll be more efficient for 2 reasons…

All boilers are 95% efficient in the UK now and this is the kicker ,it’ll be locked out more often when the condensate freezes in the winter….

You will see a significant difference in energy usage though…

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    It’ll be more efficient for 2 reasons…

All boilers are 95% efficient in the UK now and this is the kicker ,it’ll be locked out more often when the condensate freezes in the winter….

You will see a significant difference in energy usage though…
    Condensate freezes in winter???.....I blethered and smiled for a living.....what's that mean, it dosent sound great.🤔

Tell you what though I like it a bit cooler, Mrs sunshine like most woman seems to like it carribean.

Wee this wee temp thing in the hall there's nae mair "turn the heating on its ****ing freezing".....no it's 19 degrees, perfectly adequate.

God bless Nicoliar sturgeon.😎

Good points being made. Seems to me that how we are going to achieve reductions in carbon dioxide gas is what needs far more explanation.

Tell you what though I like it a bit cooler, Mrs sunshine like most woman seems to like it carribean.

Wee this wee temp thing in the hall there's nae mair "turn the heating on its ****ing freezing".....no it's 19 degrees, perfectly adequate.

God bless Nicoliar sturgeon.😎
    Honestly don’t worry about it locking out they’re a whole lot better than say 10 years ago….

19c is supposedly the perfect temp ,sedentary roles ideally 21c ,I remember going round all our sites with the Carbon Trust looking at what we could improve on essentially free advice by the government,he said it’s funny people’s behaviour regards heating ,take a room that is sitting at 21c which is perfectly comfortable and let’s just say for instance a colleague walks in and starts on the craic about anything at all and then leans against the radiator which is off because the room is up to ambient,it’s like a switch has been pushed and they convince themselves that the room is actually cold because the tactile surface is cold…!!!

He had seen the old fashioned room stats have a frozen chip put inside them and swapped out periodically when it thawed out ?yes I mean like a McCain type chip which I thought was genius….

God bless Nicoliar sturgeon.
    No such thing as a cold house with central heating, just the wrong clothes.

The house next door to me has just been completely modernised, they have spent a fortune on air source heat pumps,
    It's a large house, and the air source is a big installation, I know the owner well , so will be interested to see how it performs, once it is
    Commissioned.
    I am a retired sparkie, and worked mainly in industry on all types of gas, oil burners, induction heating turbines etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Honestly don’t worry about it locking out they’re a whole lot better than say 10 years ago….

19c is supposedly the perfect temp ,sedentary roles ideally 21c ,I remember going round all our sites with the Carbon Trust looking at what we could improve on essentially free advice by the government,he said it’s funny people’s behaviour regards heating ,take a room that is sitting at 21c which is perfectly comfortable and let’s just say for instance a colleague walks in and starts on the craic about anything at all and then leans against the radiator which is off because the room is up to ambient,it’s like a switch has been pushed and they convince themselves that the room is actually cold because the tactile surface is cold…!!!

He had seen the old fashioned room stats have a frozen chip put inside them and swapped out periodically when it thawed out ?yes I mean like a McCain type chip which I thought was genius….
    Curious.

Would you have boiler on all the time and use the temp thingy or Still have preset times and use temp thingy or switch on and off as and when.

Me im more use temp thingy with preset times.....mrs sunshine as and when required which in her ice like state is almost all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    No such thing as a cold house with central heating, just the wrong clothes.
    Ahh Billy Connolly for the new green world. Lol.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)