+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: It's ooooor oil

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    The house next door to me has just been completely modernised, they have spent a fortune on air source heat pumps,
    It's a large house, and the air source is a big installation, I know the owner well , so will be interested to see how it performs, once it is
    Commissioned.
    I am a retired sparkie, and worked mainly in industry on all types of gas, oil burners, induction heating turbines etc.
    That’s definitely the flavour of the month just now pushing air source,maybe it is the answer who knows ,can I ask you your thoughts on EV charging ,I notice car manufacturers quoting charging times in small print from 150kw points ,I’ve been kinda roped into the EV rollout at work but I don’t know if any chargers with that output our biggest is 7kw…!!!

I have a gas fired combi boiler for our hot water and gas central heating.
    I am not keen on it as the hot water takes longer to heat up compared to a gas fired boiler with a separate hot water tank.
    Combi boilers are no use when there is a power cut. However during a power cut a hot water tank still has hot water to use.
    An oil fired combi boiler is no use on the island of Islay where there are at least four power cuts per year.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I am not keen on it as the hot water takes longer to heat up compared to a gas fired boiler with a separate hot water tank.
    Combi boilers are no use when there is a power cut. However during a power cut a hot water tank still has hot water to use.
    An oil fired combi boiler is no use on the island of Islay where there are at least four power cuts per year.
    This new ane heats up the water pretty quick......and doubt it's the best......A 2 star heating....seems to be 2nd best....A star for water which seems to be the best.....contradicting myself a bit......no the first time.😁......maybe just best for its type.....no sure.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Until your buffer cools down ,your combi will be saving you energy just there may be slight a drop in performance,don’t know how old it is but a modern combi could almost run 2 showers but maybe not quite based on the standard 24 kw flow rate 11….
    Last edited by Mudskipper; 14-08-2021 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Typo

There does not seem to be any standard regarding, onboard chargers and fast chargers, although I haven't done much research into battery technology.
    In my opinion, car manufacturers have gone the wrong way, it should have been hydrogen.
    You can charge a car with hydrogen in about 15 mins.
    Tesla made rapidad advances in battery technology and were first into the market, as a result all the main car manufacturers panicked, and started producing electric vechicles.
    The batteries have a low resistance, and need to be charged with a constant current charger.
    My friend in Manchester, (ex sparkie) is considering buying an electric car, I will see if he has any info .

There does not seem to be any standard regarding, onboard chargers and fast chargers, although I haven't done much research into battery technology.
    In my opinion, car manufacturers have gone the wrong way, it should have been hydrogen.
    Tesla made rapidad advances in battery technology and were first into the market, as a result all the main car manufacturers panicked, and started producing electric vechicles.
    The batteries have a low resistance, and need to be charged with a constant current charger.
    My friend in Manchester, (ex sparkie) is considering buying an electric car, I will see if he has any info .
    I have a full electric car, the new 150kw chargers can get it from empty to full in half an hour. The chargers and network aren’t bad in Scotland but maintainence and making sure they are on is a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    I have a full electric car, the new 150kw chargers can get it from empty to full in half an hour. The chargers and network aren’t bad in Scotland but maintainence and making sure they are on is a disaster.
    I've got a diesel, I like to turn the engine on even when I'm no going anywhere and breathe in the fumes......maskless.😁

Still amazing Tesla got the jump on the worlds biggest manufacturers regards BEV,some still playing catch up …BMW and Toyota were both drivers in hydrogen powered vehicles around 15 years ago then BMW just dropped off the radar to leave just Toyota..

Drove a full electric vehicle about a year ago and was genuinely impressed with the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I've got a diesel, I like to turn the engine on even when I'm no going anywhere and breathe in the fumes......maskless.��
    I love the smell of diesel fumes in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Continuous fast charging can decrease your battery life, but battery technology is changing all the time, there are now pulse chargers which are proportional to the charging percentage, thus increasing battery life.
    Even the battery types are changing, think the latest is graphite batteries, which will help to extend battery type.
    The big question still remains, how do we dispose of the depleted batteries ?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)