+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's ooooor oil

It's ooooor oil

Except when difficult decisions have to made then it's Boris oil and we arnae gonna tell you our opinion.

Not the greatest slogan.😁

Probably she is right and it is the Westminster government who have the power to decide this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Probably she is right and it is the Westminster government who have the power to decide this matter.
    She can still give opinion though right as the leader of the somewhat free north?

If you listened to her interview yesterday on BBC Reporting Scotland with Glenn Campbell Nicola stated that the Westminster Government has the sole power to make this decision.
    Nicola further stated that she wants Scotland to become an independent country.
    As usual she did not tell the full reason why she is ‘bumping her gums’ about the new Cambo oilfield which was first discovered in 2002 by a company called Hess.
    Nicola Sturgeon wants an official power sharing agreement with the Greens at Holyrood and the Greens want to stop the production of all oil and gas in Scottish waters.
    I think that Patrick Harvie as finally ‘lost the plot’ as he has not explained what would replace the oil and gas currently being used to heat our homes and keep the lights throughout Scotland.
    It has been well documented that if the Greens get their way then oil and gas produced elsewhere throughout the world will be imported into Scotland.
    I look forward to Patrick Harvie explaining to the tens of thousands of workers employed at Grangemouth and in businesses supplying Grangemouth why he has lost them their jobs.
    The loss of taxation from oil and gas produced in Scottish waters would have a devastating impact on the income received by an independent Scotland with their balance of payments incurring an annual massive deficit due to oil and gas imports thanks to Patrick Harvie’s aspirations which are downright stupid.
    Patrick Harvie should be spending his time ensuring that the SNP controlled Scottish Government are currently counting all the CO2 emissions throughout Scotland and not just what suits them.

So she doesn’t want to get involved in reserved matters?

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    So she doesn’t want to get involved in reserved matters?
    Unfortunately for her this particular issue puts her in an impossible situation. Push for the oilfield which is the sensible thing to do and appear to agree with Westminster and destroy any hope of a coalition with the Greens or side with the Greens and try to stop the new oilfield which would be damaging to the economy of Scotland and cost jobs and investment.

Unfortunately for her this particular issue puts her in an impossible situation. Push for the oilfield which is the sensible thing to do and appear to agree with Westminster and destroy any hope of a coalition with the Greens or side with the Greens and try to stop the new oilfield which would be damaging to the economy of Scotland and cost jobs and investment.
    Greens arnt really greens more the anti woman pro men in frocks lower the age of consent party.

Boy that just left gave a fantastic insight into their bullying and corruption of our children.

****ing warped

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    If you listened to her interview yesterday on BBC Reporting Scotland with Glenn Campbell Nicola stated that the Westminster Government has the sole power to make this decision.
    Nicola further stated that she wants Scotland to become an independent country.
    As usual she did not tell the full reason why she is ‘bumping her gums’ about the new Cambo oilfield which was first discovered in 2002 by a company called Hess.
    Nicola Sturgeon wants an official power sharing agreement with the Greens at Holyrood and the Greens want to stop the production of all oil and gas in Scottish waters.
    I think that Patrick Harvie as finally ‘lost the plot’ as he has not explained what would replace the oil and gas currently being used to heat our homes and keep the lights throughout Scotland.
    It has been well documented that if the Greens get their way then oil and gas produced elsewhere throughout the world will be imported into Scotland.
    I look forward to Patrick Harvie explaining to the tens of thousands of workers employed at Grangemouth and in businesses supplying Grangemouth why he has lost them their jobs.
    The loss of taxation from oil and gas produced in Scottish waters would have a devastating impact on the income received by an independent Scotland with their balance of payments incurring an annual massive deficit due to oil and gas imports thanks to Patrick Harvie’s aspirations which are downright stupid.
    Patrick Harvie should be spending his time ensuring that the SNP controlled Scottish Government are currently counting all the CO2 emissions throughout Scotland and not just what suits them.
    Just got a new central heating system installed and loft insulation from warmer homes scotland......100% grant.

Anyway it was either gas boiler and radiators, ground source heat pump, air source heat pump or solar panels.

I face south so although I'd just prefer a gas boiler and radiators I thought they would want one of the other 3 in exchange for the grant.

Solar panels ruled out as not large enough area of suitable roof, air source ruled out as you only get air source if you have not got heating or currently have electric heating, ground source ruled out as within 25 yards of a water course.....I never asked.

Delighted with new system but it makes me wonder if you can't go green for this that or the next reason how this will all pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    but it makes me wonder if you can't go green for this that or the next reason how this will all pan out.
    Very, very badly

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Just got a new central heating system installed and loft insulation from warmer homes scotland......100% grant.

Anyway it was either gas boiler and radiators, ground source heat pump, air source heat pump or solar panels.

I face south so although I'd just prefer a gas boiler and radiators I thought they would want one of the other 3 in exchange for the grant.

Solar panels ruled out as not large enough area of suitable roof, air source ruled out as you only get air source if you have not got heating or currently have electric heating, ground source ruled out as within 25 yards of a water course.....I never asked.

Delighted with new system but it makes me wonder if you can't go green for this that or the next reason how this will all pan out.
    Nuclear power will save the day. Greens with their ban the bomb heritage have been responsible for the massive anti nuclear campaigns that are plain wrong. Michael Schellenberger has nailed them and with a bit of commonsense we should realise that nuclear power is essential. Renewables and the closure of fossil fuel sources of energy is a road to subsistence living which will not be accepted by the masses in China India etc. If we had continued to invest in research we would not be in the state we are today.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)