+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jimmy Sirrel interview with Brian Moore from 2000

Jimmy Sirrel interview with Brian Moore from 2000

23 minutes with the master...

Thanks for the link Swale, great to watch COYP

My goodness, I had no idea this existed.

Downloaded.

Cheers Swale have a good day. QP.

Always welcome for a beer in QLD

Not seen this before. Really enjoyable. Thanks for posting Swale.

Thank you Swale for sharing that. What a great interview, ye understand.

Moved himself and his wife into the young players' hostel at Brentford to make sure they were brought up right - different era ❤

Also nice to hear Brian Moore's voice again.

He mentioned that he tried to sign Howard Wilkinson as a player when Howard was at Brighton. Wasn't clear if this was whilst Jimmy was at Brentford or Notts, but Howard was still with the Seagulls until 1971.

Only just got round to watching this, but what a brilliant find Swale. I started supporting Notts around the time Sir Jimmy was appointed and this interview brings back some fantastic memories. How much better is "D'you understand" over "You know what I mean"? The really sad thing is that these days anyone watching this interview against a Jamie Fullarton PowerPoint presentation would probably opt for Jamie Fullarton. One of the few positives about being old is that we can say "I saw Jimmy Sirrel's Notts County".

A super interview which, like others, I'd not seen before, thanks for sharing, SwalePie.

Jimmy was such engaging company and when he talked you listened. An extremely wise and shrewd individual and highly principled. He was a unique man and Notts were so fortunate to have his services towards the cause for so many years. God bless him.