+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TheCumbrians.net has banned me for 7 days

TheCumbrians.net has banned me for 7 days

I have just received the following email from TheCumbrians.net mods

Hi,

A 7 day ban has been placed on your account.

The number of complaints we have received about your turbo posting ruining various threads in the last two weeks is unprecedented. We have to think about our users as a whole, so have come to the decision to give you a break.

Use the time to think about how you conduct yourself on the forum. When the ban is up, you are welcome to return, but a continuation of what we’ve seen in recent weeks will result in a permanent ban.

Regards,

Admin.

What do people think? Is this ban justified or not? I do post a lot, but then so do others.

There is a bit more detail to this I’d like to go into. I will keep it as objective as I can, stick to the facts, and try to leave personal opinions and feelings out of it as much as possible. Other users can then decide whether they think the ban was justified or not.

In the past I accused the mod CCU of lying about Barry’s posts. I said that he had deleted Barry’s posts and then covered it up. He said that if I accused him of lying again that I shouldn’t be surprised if I find myself “unable to login” which I took to mean that he would ban me. Today he quoted a post I made on this forum yesterday where I say the mods seem to have banned my account and ask “Could this be at the request of the Trust, perhaps wanting to silence another critic like it is widely suspected they did with Barrys account and posts?”. Today CCU said he considered that an accusation against the mods and to enjoy your break, a comment I took to mean that he would ban me.

In my post yesterday, I said the mods seemed to have banned me because on my screen the button to start a new topic had disappeared along with the reply box at the bottom of other threads. This is exactly what it looked like when the mods banned my account for 24 hours on June 14th. So in those circumstances it seemed a fair conclusion to arrive at that it was banned again. I asked if the Trust were involved because many suspect they had an influence in Barry being banned from the forum. Even some of the people who say I should stop going on about it have said they think the mods probably did ban him, but that there is no point going on about it.

What do people think? Is my ban justified or not?

This is gripping stuff. Who should play you in the film that is inevitably going to be made?

Nobody

I see what you did there.

Totally justified.

I will be absolutely honest as an outsider who has visited the forum and say that your posts was getting extremely repetitive to read and I only visit the forum once a day,you've made your point Kessler so maybe it's time to leave it when the ban has finished (the subject not the forum)

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I will be absolutely honest as an outsider who has visited the forum and say that your posts was getting extremely repetitive to read and I only visit the forum once a day,you've made your point Kessler so maybe it's time to leave it when the ban has finished (the subject not the forum)
    Maybe you're right. I do go on a lot about Barrys posts but then again I keep it all in one thread dedicated to that topic and yet people still open it up (knowing exactly what it's about) only to then complain about reading it. I'd have thought the obvious answer was to just not click on that thread.

Being called a troll pisses me off enough that I usually respond to people saying it. Maybe I shouldn't,

Not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

This board is no officially Tom Ducked, mark my words.

Having said that it's your right to air your view I suppose so do so on this forum instead,if you only post them on this thread then people will know whether to click onto it or not,if they don't like what they see and continue to look then that's their problem and not yours

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)