+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Coventry City Match Thoughts

Not a lot to add from what animal said, great to be back in Oakwell didn’t realise how much I’d missed it!
    We won, we didn’t deserve to win as Coventry did enough to warrant a draw. However there were 2 poor teams out there today, if that had been West Brom or Bournemouth we would have got hammered!
    8 bookings and they were far dirtier than us, I don’t understand how their number 5 and 14 kept getting away with blatant fouls time after time, but they take a free kick straight at Benson and he gets booked for it……unbelievable Jeff!
    Palmer, Helik and Kitching outstanding today, Styles looks lost, Woodrow is still crap. For me we need another midfielder urgently so we can put Styles back out to left wing back?

I think somebody on Tykes tv said thats what you call shi*t-housery type football, and we had to really fight and scrap against it. With no help whatsoever from an awfully biased ref of course.

By the way, Mark Robins was quite scathing in saying how unlucky his team were, but he doesn't mention anything about his own teams tactics and having the officials onside...
    "I thought we dominated from start to finish, conceded a really poor chance in the first half which ends up in the net. Apart from that, they've done nothing and I thought we were outstanding in most areas. I want us on the front foot and for most of that game, we were."

For me it's about remaining nice and solid at the back whilst we put the bits n pieces in to the other areas of the field .

Robins can say what he wants but whilst his side got themselves in to some decent positions the final ball was often woeful .

Looking at the replay on tv Jordan Williams got enough of the ball for me , it's one of those but he's enough of the ball in my opinion .

We've four points from two games , nobody in the league has anymore .

As i said ... not seen refing like that since Liverpool. We got kicked allover today. But got all the bookings. Probably 2 of em deserved. Rest a joke

The Cov fans might say we used up half a seasons worth of luck in one match today, and I disagree with that actually.
    How many games have we dominated with those sort of stats and have gone close so many times ?. And have come out of it regretting not creating enough and taking enough of those clear cut chances.
    Ive got nowt against them but they've only got themselves to blame for this result.

Great to see Oakwell bouncing again.
    Did we deserve the win——-No.
    Did we play well——————No.
    Do I care—————————-No.

Match summary——-Lucky.

Didn’t go but watched from Spain, at Poggy Sol lol

Nothing to complain about really one or two things where I see the jigsaw is not yet in place.

I’ve said it before Styles needs to go back to left wing back with Benson partnering Palmer.

These Belgium lads along with Cole need to get up to speed quickly to strengthen the bench at least and providing the new gaffer with more options to find his best starting eleven.

Very solid at the back and a couple of seasons ago we would have lost that game no doubt.
    Frieser the most under rated player by many of our supporters was immense and is a must starter for me.

The less said about the clown Busby the better. The worst two fowls of the game we from Coventry with the one on Morris worst of all going totally unpunished. I hope the lad isn’t out too long as he was seen on crutches at the end so let’s hope it was precautionary.

Never a penalty for me so well done Collins for diving the right way.

To quote a phrase “Clean sheets are King”
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 15-08-2021 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Extra line

So can someone please do a report on the general ground appearance, including West stand (was obviously open but looked small numbers in it) Car park south stand, catering and also said attendance 16,961 (away attendance?) but from highlights I have seen looked a lot less.

Not asking much am I ..eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    So can someone please do a report on the general ground appearance, including West stand (was obviously open but looked small numbers in it) Car park south stand, catering and also said attendance 16,961 (away attendance?) but from highlights I have seen looked a lot less.

Not asking much am I ..eh!
    The term I would use is neglect Chop .

Problems getting in with the bar code readers not working properly .

The scoreboard doesn't work either now .

My seat was absolutely filthy .

The general stadium appearance is unsightly , thousands of seats are discoloured and need replacing .

£4 for a plastic bottle of warm Carling lager .

Unless your a die-hard there's not much to hang your hat on to be honest as a sometime supporter .

Thanks Animal.

I guess things will get worse before getting better with the current stand off (legal case still pending) etc between ground owners and club owners, not a good situation is it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast