+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Coventry City Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Thanks Animal.

I guess things will get worse before getting better with the current stand off (legal case still pending) etc between ground owners and club owners, not a good situation is it.
    Very worrying Chop in all honesty .

It would be interesting to know the split of responsibilies in the commercial rental agreement by which Conway rents the stadium. It is not similar to a private home rental agreement between landlord and tenant as the renter in a commercial agreement has many more responsibilities.
    Conway clearly pays for office and various other staff occupying the buiding during the week and match day staff but i would be interested to know the facts regarding cleaning and maintenance staff as the ground should be clean and tidy, particularly in Covid times, and not filthy and unkempt. Grounds maintenance looked to working as the pitch looked good. Scoreboard ? Who pays ?
    Blame is difficult to apportion before we know the facts.

( I blame Conway )
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-08-2021 at 11:49 AM.

This new CEO is responsible for the day to day matters at Oakwell.

The opening fixture of a much anticipated new season was a bleeding shambles form virtually every angle except on the pitch given the result.

This lot need to show that they value the supporters and get the organisation and admin spot on. Without the fans they have nothing. Get a grip for gods sake.

Show us you care as much as we do!

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post

The opening fixture of a much anticipated new season was a bleeding shambles form virtually every angle except on the pitch given the result.

This lot need to show that they value the supporters and get the organisation and admin spot on. Without the fans they have nothing. Get a grip for gods sake.

I think Conway is still Acting CEO Eths.

That could answer all the questions concerning neglect over the summer.

Arseoyle.

Let's hope someone at the club reads your comments Ethel, and more importantly does something about it.

I thought we had appointed a guy with an arabic name from USA as CEO. Sorry cant remember what he is called.

Whoever it is they need to give their eeads a shek!

The stadium etc has a feel of the NHS and social services under a Tory government .

Deliberately getting run in to the ground because another agenda is at play .

This is a matter for the supporters trust and they should be challenging those responsible including the Cryne's who lets not forget still have a 25% stake and a 50% stake in Oakwell Holdings .

I'd like to see the supporters trust become an arbitrary body and get the two factions round a table and sort this out .

We are heading towards the post covid time now so there's no reason why this can't happen .

Our opponents yesterday are a prime example of how stadium disputes can get out of hand with supporters absolutely powerless and without a voice .

I was in conversation with five Coventry lads yesterday pre match in the pub and they had some real stories to tell about their clubs woes over the years with the stadium issue .

Finished up in league two playing in Northampton .

Absolutely spot on Ethel .

I thought we had appointed a guy with an arabic name from USA as CEO. Sorry cant remember what he is called.

Whoever it is they need to give their eeads a shek!
    Yes, think about a month ago - but silence is still golden. Problems ongoing with 3 people who are in a position to change things irrespective of a court case, namely Chien, Conway and Cryne they need more than a head Shek !! Pathetic, embarrassing situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Yes, think about a month ago - but silence is still golden. Problems ongoing with 3 people who are in a position to change things irrespective of a court case, namely Chien, Conway and Cryne they need more than a head Shek !! Pathetic, embarrassing situation.
    Nobody will convince me that the stadium has fallen in to a state of neglect because of a lack of revenue .

Back in the early to mid 90's John Dennis built two brand new stands on gates of seven thousand , not only did he maintain championship football he delivered a year in the Premier League as well .

The problem as I see it is who takes responsibility for the stadium ? .

It seems nobody does , neither the club , Oakwell Holdings or Barnsley MBC .

" Not in our job description Guv " is about the strength of it .

You wouldn't expect cinema goers to pay top wack to sit inside a flea pit so why should football fans ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast