+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mooar white smooak

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Had mi fish n chips, thing is animal, i cant see it costing 2 much to make it safe, would we trust this lot wi all land, theres alot,there deffo using it as an excuse to not pay wat they owe.wats relationship like between them all,am surprised cryne ant made a statement because its him and council,and most of us fans I'd take a guess at, because crynes father loved the club,conway n co av only got feelings in there project.
    The West Stand started to fall in to dis-repair during Cryne's tenure .

How many years have gone by with half of it not able to gain a safety certificate ?

I'm not suggesting that Cryne should have funded a new build but he should have maintained the stand as was his duty with having a 50% interest in the stadium and the surrounding land .

The consortium have inherited this situation and done nothing either to correct it .

Both party's have much to answer for in my opinion especially Cryne .

Worrabart this forran idea--nothing crazy--

A group of overseas billionaires with no emotional attachment to Oakwell or understanding of the history and traditions of the club seek to venture into football buying a cheap, debt free club on offer for £8million but no real statement about why they taken have this step.

Whatever their plans are they are frustrated by a jumped-up local council and the previous owner who own 50% of the stadium and insist on protecting its future use as a football ground. The investors are not used to being told "No" and various tactics are employed to win the battle over control, Firstly refuse to pay the agreed instalments for the purchase of the club, secondly seek to play the club's fixtures at another ground (with no regard to the feelings of the fans) thereby making the Oakwell Stadium a financial white elephant with no rental income and then try to force through a sale.

If these efforts fail then put it into general discussion and encourage the view that both the Stadium and it's surrounding land are no longer fit for purpose to accommodate fans or for access and exit by car. Promote the view that a new Keepmoat style stadium near a motorway exit or in an industrial development out of town would benefit everyone. The value of the land where the old Oakwell stood could be realised for residential and retail development. Those that tried to stand in our way will have been taught a lesson in business.

I know it could never happen, Could it ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-08-2021 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The West Stand started to fall in to dis-repair during Cryne's tenure .

How many years have gone by with half of it not able to gain a safety certificate ?

I'm not suggesting that Cryne should have funded a new build but he should have maintained the stand as was his duty with having a 50% interest in the stadium and the surrounding land .

The consortium have inherited this situation and done nothing either to correct it .

Both party's have much to answer for in my opinion especially Cryne .
    Always bearing in mind that the new owners should have done the ground work to check the state of the assets before they purchased them (or not purchased them as SB may point out).

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Worrabart this forran idea--nothing crazy--

A group of overseas billionaires with no emotional attachment to Oakwell or understanding of the history and traditions of the club seek to venture into football buying a cheap club on offer for £8million but no real statement about why they taken have this step.

Whatever their plans are they are frustrated by a jumped-up local council and the previous owner who own 50% of the stadium and insist on protecting its future use as a football ground. The investors are not used to being told "No" and various tactics are employed to win the battle over control, Firstly refuse to pay the agreed instalments for the purchase of the club, secondly seek to play the club's fixtures at another ground (with no regard to the feelings of the fans) thereby making the Oakwell Stadium a financial white elephant with no rental income and then try to force through a sale.

If these efforts fail then put it into general discussion and encourage the view that both the Stadium and it's surrounding land are no longer fit for purpose to accommodate fans or for access and exit by car. Promote the view that a new Keepmoat style stadium near a motorway exit or in an industrial development out of town would benefit everyone. The value of the land where the old Oakwell stood could be realised for residential and retail development. Those that tried to stand in our way will have been taught a lesson in business.

I know it could never happen, Could it ?
    Nice theory SB. Unfortunately we don't know what's going off behind closed doors. Not sure what the land would be worth for retail following the pandemic. Surely a brand new stadium would also cost significantly more than the land's worth so this would show real commitment to the club by the new owners?

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Always bearing in mind that the new owners should have done the ground work to check the state of the assets before they purchased them (or not purchased them as SB may point out).
    The sooner this situation is resolved the better because as we've seen at some other clubs with stadium issues it can easily get out of hand .

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Nice theory SB. Unfortunately we don't know what's going off behind closed doors. Not sure what the land would be worth for retail following the pandemic. Surely a brand new stadium would also cost significantly more than the land's worth so this would show real commitment to the club by the new owners?
    The significant acreage footprint of the ground, car parks and training complex would bring in many millions for residential development.
    Rent a site at Dearne Valley Industrial Park with infrastructure (roads, services) already laid on and throw up a Keepmoat style bowl financed by loans charged to the club and you are quids in.

To be honest I haven't a problem with the land getting used to generate money just as long as it helps finance the football side of things .

That to me is just plain business common sense .

The sooner this situation is resolved the better because as we've seen at some other clubs with stadium issues it can easily get out of hand .
    Yep. I can only think that it's gone on for so long because of the politics and games being played behind the scenes; we don't know but it could already be getting out of hand. As fans, I think we can reasonably expect to be kept informed to some degree rather than the wall of silence and bits of information that we get from the media. There again, I suppose the wall of silence may be due to ongoing legal proceedings. Let's hope it gets sorted soon and doesn't get out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The significant acreage footprint of the ground, car parks and training complex would bring in many millions for residential development.
    Rent a site at Dearne Valley Industrial Park with infrastructure (roads, services) already laid on and throw up a Keepmoat style bowl financed by loans charged to the club and you are quids in.
    Yes, put loans on the club to provide infrastructure is a typical American business model. Still not sure they'd make a significant amount of money from it.

To be honest I haven't a problem with the land getting used to generate money just as long as it helps finance the football side of things .

That to me is just plain business common sense .
    Me neither

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast