+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Only good thing about that is that we won.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    I disagree there were no positives ... Palmer was quality. Defence looked decent.. and we won. Against a 12 man Coventry team....worst ref since Liverpool
    It wasn’t the individuals that were poor - it’s the tactics.
    The system isn’t working as well as it did last season.

But - it’s only the 2nd game - so hopefully in the next few weeks that can be sorted.
    Last season the most productive time we had was when we had both the big strikers on the field at the same time.
    As things stand - we haven’t one target man fit.

One of the surprising things today was that our forwards stood back and gave their back 3 time to play forward.
    The lack of overlapping by our wingbacks was another notable absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    We saved a penalty, least goalkeepers sorted, chin up��

We did indeed, and here it is in full colour. I always like seeing and hearing fans go apeshi*t when this happens.

Thats because it isnt last season.
    Its gone we did well but its gone.
    You only have to look 15 miles south to see what keep harping on about yesteryear brings....
    Let it go.

Thats because it isnt last season. Its gone we did well but its gone.
    You only have to look 15 miles south to see what keep harping on about yesteryear brings...
    Let it go.
    Im guessing your singing a lullaby to Nudger there (with the song 'Let it go').

Just trying to make him realise were a totally different to last season. In the 3 games ive seen anyway.

Just trying to make him realise were a totally different to last season. In the 3 games ive seen anyway.
    Yeah I knew that lol.
    Its something that we all do though, especially after a good season. Comparisons are going to be made to last season, either in a positive or negative way.
    Im sure we'd all have taken this position though wouldn't we, 4 points from the first 2 games. And ok yes it was a cup loss as well but its a pointless cup anyway.

After a days reflection ive come to the conclusion..... if we loose no one els. And one of thease Belgium lads is a good un up front im definitely still sayin top 6 finish

After a days reflection ive come to the conclusion..... if we loose no one els. And one of thease Belgium lads is a good un up front im definitely still sayin top 6 finish
    there will not be 7 teams better than us if we keep everyone

I think any success this season is very dependent on the two Belgium lads .

Success would be challenging for a play off place .

It's very early days and there's more questions than answers at the moment .

At the moment we are considerably weaker than the team who had such an impressive second half of last season's campaign .

That's due to a new HC with his own ideas , the loss of Mowatt and Dike .

However it's nothing that can't be overcome but as I say the two Belgium lads are pivotal if we are to challenge once again at the top end of this league .

I'd also suggest a left wing back needs to come to the fore , Ben or Jordan Williams from within or a new recruit .

I think we have got the best squad now than what we have had for many many years.

But against Coventry we were all over the place.
    Don’t know whether anyone else noticed - 2nd half there was a period where Btittain and J Williams were both playing down our left - with the right hand side wide open - which Coventry kept breaking into.

Schopp’s post match Radio Sheff interview - he said there are plenty of improvements to be made.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast