+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ot - Yorkshire cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    .. is a wan*ker.
    Its hard to decide who is worse actually, him or Di*ckhead Bird.
    I used to frequent a gym on Back Regent Street way back when I worked in Barnsley. I would call for a sarnie at a cafe/bistro next door called Crickets. Often Harold Bird would be sat in the corner eating his complementary soup and roll, with a face like a wet weekend.

Behind his back none of the staff, or customers, had a good word to say about him. They said he was rude and self indulgent. One comment stuck with me , and that was that Mr Bird's whole persona would change immediately if ever a camera appeared. They also used to run a sweep as to how quickly they could get him to mention him meeting the Queen. With a bonus if he teared up!

I was angry to see the moron Bird show himself up 3 years ago, by sucking up to the loathsome Blunts like he did.
    But maybe it was a good thing after all, beause it definitely showed him up for what he really is. 😲

I'm not his biggest fan ! But in fairness he was a Top umpire , and certainly a very generous man with his donations to the Hospital/Children's Charities.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    I used to frequent a gym on Back Regent Street way back when I worked in Barnsley. I would call for a sarnie at a cafe/bistro next door called Crickets. Often Harold Bird would be sat in the corner eating his complementary soup and roll, with a face like a wet weekend.

Behind his back none of the staff, or customers, had a good word to say about him. They said he was rude and self indulgent. One comment stuck with me , and that was that Mr Bird's whole persona would change immediately if ever a camera appeared. They also used to run a sweep as to how quickly they could get him to mention him meeting the Queen. With a bonus if he teared up!
    Why did they give him complementary food and drink if the owners and staff hated him so much ? Seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I'm not his biggest fan ! But in fairness he was a Top umpire , and certainly a very generous man with his donations to the Hospital/Children's Charities.
    He has just donated £20,000 towards a bus transporting patients to Western Park Hospital in Sheffield from Barnsley, but his detractors will ignore this.

Top man Dickie.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    He has just donated £20,000 towards a bus transporting patients to Western Park Hospital in Sheffield from Barnsley, but his detractors will ignore this.

Top man Dickie.
    and summeram thats nokkin him might be grateful for that service one day !!

Why did they give him complementary food and drink if the owners and staff hated him so much ? Seems odd.
    arsoyles ?

I think it was more that the owner liked the cricket connection and kudos of association with him. The wall was adorned with framed photos of Mr Bird. But the staff weren't fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post

The staff seemed to be doing exactly what they accused Dickie of when a camera appeared. All smiles to his face but slagging him off behind his back. Hypocrites.

A got a nine on Countdarn today--ARSEOYLES. Reyt proud of missen. FARTERS was on another board for a seven. beating the contestant's sixes. I was on fire.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-12-2021 at 05:34 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789