+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now we’ve been in the ground - can anyone explain the ticket fiasco?

Now we’ve been in the ground - can anyone explain the ticket fiasco?

Short notice - was it Thursday?

No tickets available for the West Stand.
    So supporters assumed the West Stand had sold out.
    But nowhere near.

And game made all ticket - why FFS ?
    Ponty more or less full.
    But East and West Stands nowhere near full.
    If there had been pay on the day those seats would probably have been taken.

Then there was the announcement about the East Stand car park closure.
    What was that about ?
    And apparently the Coventry supporters were channelled through this car park which caused flash points.

Conway is to blame.

There's definitely something going on that we aren't getting told with regards to the stadium and surrounding land etc in my opinion .

I think we can all speculate on why things are playing out like they did regarding the match day arrangements yesterday .

Definitely more going on behind the scenes .

Too much of a coincidence not to be .

We printed our tickets at home 2 scanned after numerous attempts but one wouldn’t the guy just said feck this and let my sons lass in!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    We printed our tickets at home 2 scanned after numerous attempts but one wouldn’t the guy just said feck this and let my sons lass in!
    Mine wasn’t scanned - guy on the gate glanced at it and waved me through.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's definitely something going on that we aren't getting told with regards to the stadium and surrounding land etc in my opinion .

I think we can all speculate on why things are playing out like they did regarding the match day arrangements yesterday .

Definitely more going on behind the scenes .

Too much of a coincidence not to be .
    That’s the point tho init Animal - nothing coming from the club.
    You would think that someone with inside information would at least have the courtesy to let us know.

had no problem at all print at home tickets for east upper worked perfect scanned fine was surprised to see fans in the west stand but was told there only season ticket holders in there. didnt see trouble of any kind we left the ground about 5.15 loved the booing of taking the knee after the 1st failed attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    That’s the point tho init Animal - nothing coming from the club.
    You would think that someone with inside information would at least have the courtesy to let us know.
    I guess the legal teams would advise both factions to keep quiet Nudge .

Once it goes to court if it indeed does then I expect we will get to the bottom of it .

To tell the truth I couldn't say in all honesty who is at fault here .

The Cryne's record on selling businesses isn't historically without controversy ...... to say the least !!!

Apparently the police are using Beevors Court as a rendezvous point until further notice.
    I was told that it all kicked off under the underpass after the game, no cops about. Trouble at the railway station, fans attacking the Coventry coach outside The Mount.
    No traffic management on Eldon Street North, scoreboard not working, gates not opened until ten past two, problems with scanning some tickets.
    The ground itself looked tired, scruffy and a bit out of date.
    We have problems with the gangways, in that they are not really wide enough. Also, the usual problems of running out of beer, other refreshments and food, which regulars are used to.
    Yesterday as a match day experience was a bit of a shambles

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Apparently the police are using Beevors Court as a rendezvous point until further notice.
    I was told that it all kicked off under the underpass after the game, no cops about. Trouble at the railway station, fans attacking the Coventry coach outside The Mount.
    No traffic management on Eldon Street North, scoreboard not working, gates not opened until ten past two, problems with scanning some tickets.
    The ground itself looked tired, scruffy and a bit out of date.
    We have problems with the gangways, in that they are not really wide enough. Also, the usual problems of running out of beer, other refreshments and food, which regulars are used to.
    Yesterday as a match day experience was a bit of a shambles
    I saw both sides of the Coventry support yesterday Nozzer .

Spent a good hour with five very decent lads before they went to the chippy just off Pontefract Road .

Just after they left a group of about 10 young lads came in the beer garden in the Dove and gave me a bit of lip .

One called me " boy " which is a bit strange seen as I'm nearly 60 and this little t@sser was barely 20 years old .

I didn't flinch mind and kept my cool and left when I was ready to leave and not because of these little scores .

I reckon one of two of the Coventry support got more than they bargained for if what I experienced was anything to go by .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast