+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leighton clarkson

Leighton clarkson

Apparently signing today on loan.
    Potentially a good player and will help a bare central midfield.
    Still would of liked garrett given the nod but maybe a loan would benefit the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Apparently signing today on loan.
    Potentially a good player and will help a bare central midfield.
    Still would of liked garrett given the nod but maybe a loan would benefit the lad.
    They will definitely be signing another midfielder. That was always the case.
    They struggled as this lad we are getting comes from Liverpool and played all their pre-season friendlies.

I do think that alot where sharpening knives unfairly with the demand of signing players. It takes time.

it seems everyones favourite team to stick the boot in on is Blackburn Rovers, and the done thing is to slate us.
    Not excatly sure why.

This is the same team that most people stated should go up last season and spent alot of the season saying he should be sacked because he failed to get them into the play offs. Now the same people are writing us off as relegation certainties.

I will never understand that logic.

Anyway, as with the majority of Mowbrays loan signings, we will no doubt be getting a class player, who will turn out to be one of the best players in the entire division.
    But Mowbray only makes bad signings .........

Hey it isn't the signings that makes mowbray bad but his sometimes bizarre logic and tactics.
    Injuries you cannot do much about but tactically it's his job and a few times he got it massively wrong.
    Last season on paper I might add,we looked a team worthy of a top 6 challenge,this season we look pretty bare on paper and thus why I thought we would struggle.
    I stand by both statements but with a few quality additions and I can easily change my mind.

And he signs.
    Good quality addition but a few more is needed before the trumpet comes out.

And he signs.
    Good quality addition but a few more is needed before the trumpet comes out.
    He is decent. He was with us at our academy. Then he left to go to Liverpool.
    He is born in Clitheroe, and a Rovers season ticket holder as a kid.
    welcome aboard kid.

Hey it isn't the signings that makes mowbray bad but his sometimes bizarre logic and tactics.
    Injuries you cannot do much about but tactically it's his job and a few times he got it massively wrong.
    Last season on paper I might add,we looked a team worthy of a top 6 challenge,this season we look pretty bare on paper and thus why I thought we would struggle.
    I stand by both statements but with a few quality additions and I can easily change my mind.
    I dont think Elliott Bennett, Evans, Holtby, Downing etc not being here has any effect.
    Most of them would have been injured anyway, the rest would have had zero impact like last season.
    The ones who left apart from Armstrong where not doing anything here. they werent going to get us promoted, them not being being here will not get us relegated.
    We got rid of a load of old rubbish that where crippling the club financially.
    The ones who arent here anymore where not the difference between promotion and relegation.

It could be worse, we could have got Pearson in or Hughton and be in a far far worse position.

I mentioned both of those as possible mowbray replacements,what do I know hey?
    A former poster once said "previous achievements don't always guarantee success"
    Despite his positive stance on things he is missed on here.

They are the exact kind of people that wanted Mowbray sacked & replaced with. And those are the kinds of managers that would have no impact here. It was the general feeling among many fans not just yourself.
    At points I have said Mowbray should go. I dont believe he is a great manager nor do I think him leaving would necessarily mean we would suddenly do better than we do on a regular basis. I wasn't aiming that at you mate

We are close to getting a permanent deal for a LB from Leeds called Huggins. He is quite highly rated. 20. Could be good cover for Pickering.

I can fully admit I would of got it wrong with either of the above names but when both have decent records at this level,it was hard not to see positives in their appointment.
    Fast forward a season and they both look fairly dire at their respective clubs.
    Aucks was bang on that past history good or bad,doesn't necessarily mean it will continue at a new club.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)