+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAO Islay ref DFCSS

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    You want websites to come under the banner of the Trust? These are informal gatherings of anonymous people, wouldn’t take it too seriously. On actual groups I agree but it won’t happen as some of the individuals involved would lose their fingernails rather than give up their seat at some table.

In addition, you have now twice assumed people would want to be on the board of the Trust. If that was the case you’d not be short of volunteers but you can’t even raise a board from within your own membership.

My understanding is that the club didn’t want IB(don’t know why) or DF(totally know why) as the reps on Club Board. Why not have dialogue with them about your legal right and see if there can be compromise candidates acceptable to both parties?
    Thanks for your input.
    My suggestion about all Dundee Football supporters groups being under the ‘umbrella’ of the Dee4life Trust was to have strength in depth. It is easy to pick off small groups of people but a lot harder with a large group of people.
    I agree that it is difficult getting members to put their name forward for election to the Dee4life Trust board of directors. I do not know why as it is not a particularly onerous job.
    If I had been present at the meeting with John Nelms on 4th January 2020 when John Nelms refused to accept IB’s nomination as the Primary representative I would have reminded John Nelms of the entrenched rights of the A shares which FPS agreed to accept in August 2013 when FPS purchased a majority shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited.
    In case people are not aware of the rules.
    The board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited must accept the person nominated by the DFCSS board of directors as the DFCSS Primary representative on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited.
    The rules are slightly different for the nomination of the Secondary representative. The board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited can refuse to accept the first three nominations made by the DFCSS board of directors as their Secondary representative but they must accept the fourth person nominated by the DFCSS board of directors as their Secondary representative on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited. See Clauses 80-82 inclusive in the Articles of Association of Dundee Football Club Limited dated 13th August 2013. I enclose the Filing History on the Companies House website with the Articles of Association dated 22nd August 2013. https://find-and-update.company-info...history?page=3
    I have known about these rules for several years.
    How do you suggest we try to arrange a meeting between the Dee4life Trust board of directors and John Nelms. I doubt if ACAS would be able to arrange this meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Thanks for your input.
    My suggestion about all Dundee Football supporters groups being under the ‘umbrella’ of the Dee4life Trust was to have strength in depth. It is easy to pick off small groups of people but a lot harder with a large group of people.
    I agree that it is difficult getting members to put their name forward for election to the Dee4life Trust board of directors. I do not know why as it is not a particularly onerous job.
    If I had been present at the meeting with John Nelms on 4th January 2020 when John Nelms refused to accept IB’s nomination as the Primary representative I would have reminded John Nelms of the entrenched rights of the A shares which FPS agreed to accept in August 2013 when FPS purchased a majority shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited.
    In case people are not aware of the rules.
    The board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited must accept the person nominated by the DFCSS board of directors as the DFCSS Primary representative on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited.
    The rules are slightly different for the nomination of the Secondary representative. The board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited can refuse to accept the first three nominations made by the DFCSS board of directors as their Secondary representative but they must accept the fourth person nominated by the DFCSS board of directors as their Secondary representative on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited. See Clauses 80-82 inclusive in the Articles of Association of Dundee Football Club Limited dated 13th August 2013. I enclose the Filing History on the Companies House website with the Articles of Association dated 22nd August 2013. https://find-and-update.company-info...history?page=3
    I have known about these rules for several years.
    How do you suggest we try to arrange a meeting between the Dee4life Trust board of directors and John Nelms. I doubt if ACAS would be able to arrange this meeting.
    Well the Club Secretary is a lawyer, Lindsay Darroch. He’s a sensible guy and faced with the correct framing and legal position he’d be almost obliged to arrange such a meeting

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Well the Club Secretary is a lawyer, Lindsay Darroch. He’s a sensible guy and faced with the correct framing and legal position he’d be almost obliged to arrange such a meeting
    Thanks for the information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)