+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Islay ref DFCSS

FAO Islay ref DFCSS

Islay I note that the DFCSS has only posted one set of Board Minutes in the last 13 months, seems very inactive don’t you think? Also very little in the way of notes for a 3 hour meeting given the detail you recall and post on here on all manner of subjects.

I wondered, how do you find the workings of the DFCSS from the inside, is it an organisation that can put any fans’ pressure on the Club or is it a busted flush?

Also, who is the current DFCSS rep on the club board please I can’t find this info anywhere?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Islay I note that the DFCSS has only posted one set of Board Minutes in the last 13 months, seems very inactive don’t you think? Also very little in the way of notes for a 3 hour meeting given the detail you recall and post on here on all manner of subjects.

I wondered, how do you find the workings of the DFCSS from the inside, is it an organisation that can put any fans’ pressure on the Club or is it a busted flush?

Also, who is the current DFCSS rep on the club board please I can’t find this info anywhere?

Thanks in advance
    If you care to read the previous board of directors meetings from the Downloads and Minutes section of the Dee4life Trust (DFCSS) website you will read that after the previous primary representative resigned as a director on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited on 1st April 2017 that the Dee4life Trust board of directors tried to get a meeting with John Nelms with no success.
    Eventually the board of directors managed to get a meeting with John Nelms in the boardroom on Saturday 4th January 2020. https://www.dee4life.com/downloads-and-minutes
    I suggest that you read the minutes paying particular attention to the minutes of the AGM held on 11th January 2020 and the minutes of the board of directors meeting held on 4th February 2020 which are very interesting.
    A board of directors meeting was due to be held on 17th March 2020 which was cancelled due to Coronavirus.
    I believe that the Dee4life Trust (DFCSS) can put pressure on the Club especially if all the historic members rejoin as full members which only costs £5 per annum.
    Last Saturday I was sitting in the Bobby Cox Stand and I asked the person sitting next to me if he was a member of DFCSS. He told me that he was. I asked him if he paid an annual £5 membership fee. He replied that he did not pay a membership fee. I advised him that he was a historic member. He could not attend the AGM and he had no say in the running of the society.
    This is the problem with members who paid a £1 joining fee thinking that they are still full members of DFCSS (Dee4life Trust).
    The minutes of the Dee4life Trust board of directors meeting held on 3rd May 2021 are informative.
    I suggest that you put your name forward for election to the Dee4life Trust (DFCSS) board of directors as there are a few vacancies.
    Finally. Any Dundee supporter can join the Dee4life Trust whereas only members of a Dundee supporters club can be a member of the DSA.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    If you care to read the previous board of directors meetings from the Downloads and Minutes section of the Dee4life Trust (DFCSS) website you will read that after the previous primary representative resigned as a director on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited on 1st April 2017 that the Dee4life Trust board of directors tried to get a meeting with John Nelms with no success.
    Eventually the board of directors managed to get a meeting with John Nelms in the boardroom on Saturday 4th January 2020. https://www.dee4life.com/downloads-and-minutes
    I suggest that you read the minutes paying particular attention to the minutes of the AGM held on 11th January 2020 and the minutes of the board of directors meeting held on 4th February 2020 which are very interesting.
    A board of directors meeting was due to be held on 17th March 2020 which was cancelled due to Coronavirus.
    I believe that the Dee4life Trust (DFCSS) can put pressure on the Club especially if all the historic members rejoin as full members which only costs £5 per annum.
    Last Saturday I was sitting in the Bobby Cox Stand and I asked the person sitting next to me if he was a member of DFCSS. He told me that he was. I asked him if he paid an annual £5 membership fee. He replied that he did not pay a membership fee. I advised him that he was a historic member. He could not attend the AGM and he had no say in the running of the society.
    This is the problem with members who paid a £1 joining fee thinking that they are still full members of DFCSS (Dee4life Trust).
    The minutes of the Dee4life Trust board of directors meeting held on 3rd May 2021 are informative.
    I suggest that you put your name forward for election to the Dee4life Trust (DFCSS) board of directors as there are a few vacancies.
    Finally. Any Dundee supporter can join the Dee4life Trust whereas only members of a Dundee supporters club can be a member of the DSA.
    Did you get a reply from the worst stadium manager in world history?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Did you get a reply from the worst stadium manager in world history?
    I have not received a reply from Jim Thomson which is very disappointing.

Thanks for the information. I had read those minutes from 20 months ago but thought perhaps there was some movement since. It’s odd that Zoom or Teams meetings couldn’t ensure continuation of the board meeetings.

I’ve no intention of becoming a board director of DFCSS, thanks though. I was asking the above because I feel the Trust is well placed to raise fans’ issues especially with regard to seating/ticketing/general upkeep though I notice in another answer Jim Thomson hadn’t had the good courtesy to reply to you.

Do you see a difference in how DFCSS are treated and say the 1893 Foundation by the club? Looks again like we have the Judean People Front situation with 3 different bodies.
    Last edited by hmac; 16-08-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks for the information. I had read those minutes from 20 months ago but thought perhaps there was some movement since. It’s odd that Zoom or Teams meetings couldn’t ensure continuation of the board meeetings.

I’ve no intention of becoming a board director of DFCSS, thanks though. I was asking the above because I feel the Trust is well placed to raise fans’ issues especially with regard to seating/ticketing/general upkeep though I notice in another answer Jim Thomson hadn’t had the good courtesy to reply to you.

Do you see a difference in how DFCSS are treated and say the 1893 Foundation by the club? Looks again like we have the Judean People Front situation with 3 different bodies.
    Obviously the Dee4life Trust board of directors would be delighted to have both a Primary representative and a Secondary representative on the Dundee Football Club board of directors but sadly due to Bob Hynd who was the secondary representative resigning as a director of the Dee4life Trust the society no longer has any representation on the Dundee Football Club board of directors.
    In my opinion this is wrong and in breach of the entrenched rights of the A shares but if John Nelms will not speak to us what can we do.
    For the benefit of people who have not read the minutes of the AGM held on 11th January 2020. John Nelms stated at the meeting held in the boardroom on 4th January 2020 with the Dee4life Trust board of directors that the society should be invited to attend up and coming meetings attended by the Club, Dundee FC in the Community Trust, DSA and Dee Promotions. According to the minutes of the board of directors meeting held on 4th February 2020 it is stated that there was a meeting in the week beginning 27th January 2020 between the Club, Charity, (Dundee FC in the Community Trust), DSA and Dee Promotions to which the society was not invited.
    The following comments are my own personal opinions.
    John Nelms should say what he means instead of fobbing off the Dee4life Trust Directors and members by stating that the Society should be involved in Club meetings yet they did not get invited to attend a Dundee Football Club meeting just over three weeks later.
    I think that DFCSS is badly treated by the Club but as far as I can see the two people who are running the 1893 Foundation have little or no say how the money pouring into the Club’s bank account every month is spent.
    If the original plan for setting up the 1893 Foundation had been put into operation then the people running the 1893 Foundation would have been able to decide how the money was spent. Eg. Some of it could have been spent improving the South Enclosure to bring it to date and fit for purpose.
    I enclose the Dee4life Trust board of directors meeting dated 9th July 2021.
    See item 2 Secretary’s report. https://www.dee4life.com/files/15986...te09.07.20.pdf
    I believe that the ticketing fiasco before the St Mirren game would not have taken place if the Dee4life Trust had two representatives on the board of Dundee Football Club. If I had been one of the representatives I would have been checking the rules with a fine tooth comb prior to the tickets going on sale and advising the club how I interpreted the rules. When the society had a primary representative on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited they could raise fans concerns such as seating/ticketing/general upkeep but now there is no one to do this.
    You may have noticed in the minutes of the Dee4life Trust board of directors meetings that the society has been trying since 2016 to get their Bank of Scotland account closed which was previously used for subscriptions for DeeTV when it was a joint venture between the society and the Club. I became an official volunteer with the society in December 2017 to try to help get the Bank of Scotland account closed. I am embarrassed to say that the Bank of a Scptland staff in the Glasgow branch where the account is held have been hopeless and of no assistance at all. We have also hit a ‘brick wall’ with the Club. See the above minutes dated 4th February 2020 Item 5 Secondary representative’s report.
    You will possibly remember from a previous topic on this forum that my wife said to me that there were too many different groups of Dundee supporters and that they should all join up to form one group creating strength in numbers.
    The Dee4life Trust, DSA, Dark Blues Forum, Dundee Mad, Friends of Dundee Football Club Facebook Group and Friends of Dundee Football Club over 55’s Facebook Group should all come under the banner of the Dee4life Trust putting forward their own representative(s) to join the Dee4life Trust board of directors whilst still keeping their own identities.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 17-08-2021 at 12:50 AM.

Obviously the Dee4life Trust board of directors would be delighted to have both a Primary representative and a Secondary representative on the Dundee Football Club board of directors but sadly due to Bob Hynd who was the secondary representative resigning as a director of the Dee4life Trust the society no longer has any representation on the Dundee Football Club board of directors.
    In my opinion this is wrong and in breach of the entrenched rights of the A shares but if John Nelms will not speak to us what can we do.
    For the benefit of people who have not read the minutes of the AGM held on 11th January 2020. John Nelms stated at the meeting held in the boardroom on 4th January 2020 with the Dee4life Trust board of directors that the society should be invited to attend up and coming meetings attended by the Club, Dundee FC in the Community Trust, DSA and Dee Promotions. According to the minutes of the board of directors meeting held on 4th February 2020 it is stated that there was a meeting in the week beginning 27th January 2020 between the Club, Charity, (Dundee FC in the Community Trust), DSA and Dee Promotions to which the society was not invited.
    The following comments are my own personal opinions.
    John Nelms should say what he means instead of fobbing off the Dee4life Trust Directors and members by stating that the Society should be involved in Club meetings yet they did not get invited to attend a Dundee Football Club meeting just over three weeks later.
    I think that DFCSS is badly treated by the Club but as far as I can see the two people who are running the 1893 Foundation have little or no say how the money pouring into the Club’s bank account every month is spent.
    If the original plan for setting up the 1893 Foundation had been put into operation then the people running the 1893 Foundation would have been able to decide how the money was spent. Eg. Some of it could have been spent improving the South Enclosure to bring it to date and fit for purpose.
    I enclose the Dee4life Trust board of directors meeting dated 9th July 2021.
    See item 2 Secretary’s report. https://www.dee4life.com/files/15986...te09.07.20.pdf
    I believe that the ticketing fiasco before the St Mirren game would not have taken place if the Dee4life Trust had two representatives on the board of Dundee Football Club. If I had been one of the representatives I would have been checking the rules with a fine tooth comb prior to the tickets going on sale and advising the club how I interpreted the rules. When the society had a primary representative on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited they could raise fans concerns such as seating/ticketing/general upkeep but now there is no one to do this.
    You may have noticed in the minutes of the Dee4life Trust board of directors meetings that the society has been trying since 2016 to get their Bank of Scotland account closed which was previously used for subscriptions for DeeTV when it was a joint venture between the society and the Club. I became an official volunteer with the society in December 2017 to try to help get the Bank of Scotland account closed. I am embarrassed to say that the Bank of a Scptland staff in the Glasgow branch where the account is held have been hopeless and of no assistance at all. We have also hit a ‘brick wall’ with the Club. See the above minutes dated 4th February 2020 Item 5 Secondary representative’s report.
    You will possibly remember from a previous topic on this forum that my wife said to me that there were too many different groups of Dundee supporters and that they should all join up to form one group creating strength in numbers.
    The Dee4life Trust, DSA, Dark Blues Forum, Dundee Mad, Friends of Dundee Football Club Facebook Group and Friends of Dundee Football Club over 55’s Facebook Group should all come under the banner of the Dee4life Trust putting forward their own representative(s) to join the Dee4life Trust board of directors whilst still keeping their own identities.
    You want websites to come under the banner of the Trust? These are informal gatherings of anonymous people, wouldn’t take it too seriously. On actual groups I agree but it won’t happen as some of the individuals involved would lose their fingernails rather than give up their seat at some table.

In addition, you have now twice assumed people would want to be on the board of the Trust. If that was the case you’d not be short of volunteers but you can’t even raise a board from within your own membership.

My understanding is that the club didn’t want IB(don’t know why) or DF(totally know why) as the reps on Club Board. Why not have dialogue with them about your legal right and see if there can be compromise candidates acceptable to both parties?

You want websites to come under the banner of the Trust? These are informal gatherings of anonymous people, wouldn’t take it too seriously. On actual groups I agree but it won’t happen as some of the individuals involved would lose their fingernails rather than give up their seat at some table.

In addition, you have now twice assumed people would want to be on the board of the Trust. If that was the case you’d not be short of volunteers but you can’t even raise a board from within your own membership.

My understanding is that the club didn’t want IB(don’t know why) or DF(totally know why) as the reps on Club Board. Why not have dialogue with them about your legal right and see if there can be compromise candidates acceptable to both parties?
    Reasonable suggestion hmac.

FAO Islay. Regarding Dee 4 Life, I received a newsletter some time ago, I'm sure it was during lockdown, but it was excellent.
    I sent an article for the next edition, but have not received another newsletter since.
    I do remember there were problems with e-mail addresses, can you update me on the newsletters.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    FAO Islay. Regarding Dee 4 Life, I received a newsletter some time ago, I'm sure it was during lockdown, but it was excellent.
    I sent an article for the next edition, but have not received another newsletter since.
    I do remember there were problems with e-mail addresses, can you update me on the newsletters.
    As far as I am aware another newsletter is due to be published shortly. I have certainly bern pushing for the newsletter to be published on a regular basis.
    Like you I also forwarded an article for publication.
    I will email the Dee4life Trust Secretary to find out when the next newsletter is due to be published and emailed to the members.
    I enclose the details of the first newsletter which is available to read in news section of the Dee4life Trust (DFCSS) website. https://www.dee4life.com/files/16149...rMarch2021.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)