+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oxford next

Oxford next

Both fixtures were rather eventful last season but we won away and were hammered at home. We seem to have a weaker team than this time last year. Again, can't see where the goals are coming from so 2-0 defeat.

Wot no predictions again????

Go on then, 3-1 to Oxford. Will need a few weeks for the team to settle in.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    Go on then, 3-1 to Oxford. Will need a few weeks for the team to settle in.

Just in case you have missed it guys we are only able to field 6 subs tonight that is desperate No Long, Dale or jaskaleinen in the match day squad very weak bench I hope we don’t get any injuries.

Hope none of those missing has Covid as I notice that DA said some of the squad have not been vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Hope none of those missing has Covid as I notice that DA said some of the squad have not been vaccinated.

Despite missing several first team players I thought Crewe were unlucky not to get at least a draw, poor first half but much better in second half, the positives the back 4 were excellent and despite giving away the penalty Thomas looks good. Murphy played well, Lundstrum a quiet game Ainley drifter in and out of the game, Finney was awful, Knight will need a lot of time did settle better as the second half dragged on, Mandaron starved of any real chances.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    A decent a performance tonight considering our diminished squad. Should have equalised near the end. Knight struggled to get into the game Finneys touch was poor, defence looked good, Oxford had very few chances. A big improvement on the Portsmouth performance.