+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonson Clarke-Harris Charged by F.A. after Historical Comments on Social Media.

I see in the States that a woman is taking legal action against Bob Dylan

The allegations date back to 1965 ffs !!!

That's before England last won anything

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I see in the States that a woman is taking legal action against Bob Dylan

The allegations date back to 1965 ffs !!!

That's before England last won anything
    If he raped her/***ually abused her I’ve no issue with timescales tbh Grist, he deserves to be punished. The question will be why not say something at the time but it’s not uncommon for people who have been abused to stay silent for many decades.

My gripe is what was once seen as acceptable behaviour, almost cultural shouldn’t now be raised as concerns with potential repercussions because people of this era have deemed it unacceptable. The fact is lots of things no longer happen and that’s fair enough, if it does people are held to account or certainly should be.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    If he raped her/***ually abused her I’ve no issue with timescales tbh Grist, he deserves to be punished. The question will be why not say something at the time but it’s not uncommon for people who have been abused to stay silent for many decades.

My gripe is what was once seen as acceptable behaviour, almost cultural shouldn’t now be raised as concerns with potential repercussions because people of this era have deemed it unacceptable. The fact is lots of things no longer happen and that’s fair enough, if it does people are held to account or certainly should be.
    I wonder if the guy in your avatar would stand up to such scrutiny?

But being dead there would be no money in it

There does seem to be a cultural attempt to 'cleanse' society and I think the COVID situation has added fuel to the virtue signalling fire.What I would say is why aren't there any attempts to 'cancel' and generate a zero tolerance towards ,for example, car theft and home burglaries that are equally as unjust and harmful to the victims. Maybe football can 'come together' and take the knee to show support and stand against home intrusion and the taking of people's possessions without their consent!

Wait until there is an enquiry into Henry VIII's treatment of women!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I wonder if the guy in your avatar would stand up to such scrutiny?

But being dead there would be no money in it
    Grist being dead has nothing to do with it. Currently in the States there are two men in their late 30's alleging that Michael Jackson s.exually abused them both as children. His estate are currently contesting their claims stating a dead man cannot defend himself.

Where have these two been for the past 20 years when they've seen/heard other claims being paid off running into millions of dollars rather than get to court? Or is that it, a dead man can't defend himself so why not put a claim in?

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Snowflakes nothing more but this is a serious situation for many of us in this day and age. Most companies will search your social media activity and anything what they consider concerning could have a massive impact on you getting employed. So if you’ve commented on a post that could in anyway be seen as racist, ***ist, homophobic etc, you’ve had it. Think back over the last 10 years, how many people will have expressed their opinions on topics like, new genders, non binary, immigration etc, all potential minefields.

Go back a bit further, say 20 years or 30, 40. Office banter, what might have been said to the girls in the office, how many bums may have been slapped, how many comments made about how they look. It only takes someone to look back and feel offended by what happened and soon they could be a knock at your door.

I’ve worked with groups of women who were like bitches on heat, every day someone would be saying ***ualised stuff to me, as Lewd as it gets but I just saw it as banter, was sometimes embarrassed but never offended. That said I could make out now I was deeply offended at the time, that it’s affected me my whole life. I could put the blame on my then employers, some of the worse culprits were managers. It will only take some successful claims for compensation and you watch the floodgates open, the no win no fee brigade will have a field day.

For me it’s a load of b0110x but I do think things may well start coming back to haunt people, all people in all walks of life potentially!!!!
    Your post seems a bit over the top Riley but the sad thing is....it isn't. The last Smiths album titled 'Strangeways Here We Come' was based on the theory that 'everyone' will end up in prison eventually. Orwellian times have arrived!

Clarke-Harris

I see our former player Clarke-Harris is the latest to be sanctioned by the FA for historic remarks on social media

Name:  0eb6d26b28ad080666d72b94a9072560.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  36.4 KB

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast