+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jonson Clarke-Harris Charged by F.A. after Historical Comments on Social Media.

His goals have dried up now he's in the big boys league so maybe a rest will do him good.
    We all know he ain't a cship player and so did PW

Blimey! I'm sure some of the things I said and did when I was 17/18 wouldn't stand up to modern day scrutiny but it wasn't modern day, was it? You can't decontextualize. There have been enormous changes in attitudes towards women, BAIM, ***uality, all sorts of things. Apparently in days gone by it was OK to go to poorer countries, spread the word, exploit for resources and the good of the empire...... and look where that would get you these days. Anyway at 18 they reckon the brain is not fully developed (would this be especially so JCH's case?) so perhaps he should be treated as a minor. Basically, I'm agreeing with everybody else on here and failing to find a fresh way of saying it. As someone already said, it's a load of rowlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Brin lives in a deprived area so can't be a trusted witness
    🤣🤣🤣 cheeky two hat.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Hope they do not go through my historical tweets and Facebook.
    You’re screwed just off last weeks posts 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    Blimey! I'm sure some of the things I said and did when I was 17/18 wouldn't stand up to modern day scrutiny but it wasn't modern day, was it? You can't decontextualize. There have been enormous changes in attitudes towards women, BAIM, ***uality, all sorts of things. Apparently in days gone by it was OK to go to poorer countries, spread the word, exploit for resources and the good of the empire...... and look where that would get you these days. Anyway at 18 they reckon the brain is not fully developed (would this be especially so JCH's case?) so perhaps he should be treated as a minor. Basically, I'm agreeing with everybody else on here and failing to find a fresh way of saying it. As someone already said, it's a load of rowlocks.
    The sad wokes will catch up with you SCM, they love what they do.It really is pathetic how institutions are taken over by a very small number of people who seem to have a major influence.When will all this crazy madness stop?

Jonson Clark-Harris ended up with a 4 game ban, & a £5,200 fine for his historic comments.

"Historic comments" makes it sound like something that's actually newsworthy.

What I find hard to fathom - and it annoys me intensely - is the ease with which something like the JCH case can so easily be discovered, publicised and punished when it is so difficult to prosecute Roman Catholic priests who have committed immeasurably worse sins. Why should the church be allowed so much protection from the law?

While this continues we are focusing on completely the wrong issues and priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    What I find hard to fathom - and it annoys me intensely - is the ease with which something like the JCH case can so easily be discovered, publicised and punished when it is so difficult to prosecute Roman Catholic priests who have committed immeasurably worse sins. Why should the church be allowed so much protection from the law?

While this continues we are focusing on completely the wrong issues and priorities.
    Always been same but I think this has come from footballing world which make their own rules up

Hopefully though things will change

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post

CT, for goodness sake don’t post the joke about the nun, the alter boy two ripe tomatoes and a cucumber, you’ll be barred for life.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast