+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    You started a thread that interests me, you asked for thoughts so I contributed.3 pages in the usual drivel off topic stuff comes oot we the token smilees.Now you are saying I shouldn't read threads I am interested in? Mibbe If we stayed on topic I could ignore the stuff I don't want to read.
    Be single figure posters on here soon I wud imagine.
    Agree this is an interesting topic. why respond to SNP dig? Bin Laden was taken out in 2011. Trying to get civil society to defend itself against the Taliban seems to have been a poor strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Mibbe if the UK government didn't follow the USA like a puppy dog we wouldn't have a responsibility to these people in Afghanistan. Another unnecessary war that we are still paying the price for in lives and monetary.
    We went into Afghanistan after the 9/11 outrage in 2001 as the Taliban were harbouring terrorists. What do you think would have happened if we had left the Taliban to run Afghanistan back in 2001.

Bring back the Wolf of Kabul to sort things out.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Bring back the Wolf of Kabul to sort things out.
    Showing your age there, Douglas. Mind you in those days DCTs actually printed some decent stuff not just in the Hotspur. Pains me to say, considering my late father worked for DCT for c. 40 years, nowadays their supposed newspapers are full of less sense than their comics of yore!

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Showing your age there, Douglas. Mind you in those days DCTs actually printed some decent stuff not just in the Hotspur. Pains me to say, considering my late father worked for DCT for c. 40 years, nowadays their supposed newspapers are full of less sense than their comics of yore!
    With a granddaughter who collects the Beano I want to confirm your opinion. Beano stories have a moral and a laugh. Cheats never prosper, honesty always best, kindness is very important. Only thing they don't promote Dark Blue good, Tangerine bad !!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)