+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan

Afghanistan

Anybody on here work or serve out there, interested in their thoughts on current situ.

Random Islay type fact.

Stan in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Ubekistan etc means where one stands.

It was bugging me.

No but I watched some of the news coverage. Best hope seems to be that the Taliban realise that getting rid in a peaceful and constructive way of all those who want to leave, particularly the Europeans and other foreign nationals, is actually in their long term interests. I am not hopeful.

The yanks funded the taliban back in the day so could probably negotiate with them again if need be.
    Feel sorry for the fowk over there can't begin to understand their fears.

I'm in the 'it was all for nothing' camp.

Lives lost, lives ruined. Twenty years on and Taliban back in charge; we'll likely see terrorist cells re-emerge after being trained there by the soldiers trained by us and the good old US of A.

I blame the SNP.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'm in the 'it was all for nothing' camp.

Lives lost, lives ruined. Twenty years on and Taliban back in charge; we'll likely see terrorist cells re-emerge after being trained there by the soldiers trained by us and the good old US of A.

I blame the SNP.
    Well the SNP seem to agree with Boris and Anglekas open door policy, no idea who will pass through 11 mostly islamic countries to get here.

Still I'm sire Nicoliar and Boris know best.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    The yanks funded the taliban back in the day so could probably negotiate with them again if need be.
    Feel sorry for the fowk over there can't begin to understand their fears.
    Very little resistance and the Taliban supported from Pakistan.

Anyone who worked for in anyway for the UK, be it translator, doorman, chauffeur or the highest positions I'd do my damdest to get them out, if they wanted out......but seems to be very little help from "progressive" Islamic countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Random Islay type fact.

Stan in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Ubekistan etc means where one stands.

It was bugging me.
    Are the terms Afghans and Uzbeks racist slurs then?

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Are the terms Afghans and Uzbeks racist slurs then?
    No idea, wouldn't have thought so.

BBC call the Kurdistanis Kurds so would doubt it,.......BBC normally make the rules with this ****e.

I must admit that I have been surprised that the Chinese have not got involved especially with their dislike of Muslims.
    However last week I read an article in the Sunday Times newspaper dated 8th August 2021 that the Chinese government have their designs on excavating the large copper deposits situated south of Kabul.
    I would not be surprised if the Chinese government adopt the same policy with the Taliban as they did with the governments of poor African countries with their Belt and Road Initiative scheme. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...oad_Initiative

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)