+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should sleepy Joe Biden resign

Should sleepy Joe Biden resign

Aye.

This debacle has proved one thing, Democracy will never defeat terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    The forces of democracy can.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I feel this topic is a bit like McPake must go after the thumping we got first game against Hearts. Let's be patient, try to work with the Taliban and see what happens. If speaking to them and actually seeing actions from them that back up their rhetoric then the battles waged by us and the Americans could have given the Taliban the chance to rethink how they interpret their relationship with women and the Moslem faith. I can sympathise with hmac's point of view that the only military option was to destroy them but since that is o longer an option might talking might actually work?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I feel this topic is a bit like McPake must go after the thumping we got first game against Hearts. Let's be patient, try to work with the Taliban and see what happens. If speaking to them and actually seeing actions from them that back up their rhetoric then the battles waged by us and the Americans could have given the Taliban the chance to rethink how they interpret their relationship with women and the Moslem faith. I can sympathise with hmac's point of view that the only military option was to destroy them but since that is o longer an option might talking might actually work?
    Actions going forward will be the litmus test if they’ve learned anything.

They've already said they won’t harbour terrorists which is the reason they were invaded in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    According to some reports The Taliban are currently going door to door finding people that helped the evil west, taking them away and executing them. When they can't find the ones they want they're executing family members. We can choose to believe these reports or we can choose to believe The Taliban. I know who I prefer to believe.

You can't trust people like that, and I personally wouldn't like to work with anyone like them. They'll never make good on the promises they're making just now - that's just words to try to reduce the exodus and prevent total panic.

A year from now Afghanistan will be a tenth century state again where women are oppressed mercilessly and any disobedience results in instant execution. Can you imagine your sister being executed, without trial, for trying to better herself? That's the type of law The Taliban will impose again in Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    According to some reports The Taliban are currently going door to door finding people that helped the evil west, taking them away and executing them. When they can't find the ones they want they're executing family members. We can choose to believe these reports or we can choose to believe The Taliban. I know who I prefer to believe.

You can't trust people like that, and I personally wouldn't like to work with anyone like them. They'll never make good on the promises they're making just now - that's just words to try to reduce the exodus and prevent total panic.

A year from now Afghanistan will be a tenth century state again where women are oppressed mercilessly and any disobedience results in instant execution. Can you imagine your sister being executed, without trial, for trying to better herself? That's the type of law The Taliban will impose again in Afghanistan.
    And you don’t want us to go in and help people if this is the case?

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    And you don’t want us to go in and help people if this is the case?
    Not if it means British soldiers dying for no reason no.

The Afghan army had the opportunity to at least try stop this, they stood aside and the Afghan President ran away. No way should British soldiers die for a cause the Afghan government and military are not prepared to fight and die for.

McPake out, never a manager. Let's see what happens and by talking we are at the very least gaining time to evacuate those who want to leave.
    Preferring to believe one side or the other is entirely your prerogative, however I don't think refusing to talk to them is the right thing to do. If you say that we are not going to send our troops back into the country then I am afraid talking is the only option.
    Last edited by BCram; 18-08-2021 at 08:18 PM.

Not if it means British soldiers dying for no reason no.

The Afghan army had the opportunity to at least try stop this, they stood aside and the Afghan President ran away. No way should British soldiers die for a cause the Afghan government and military are not prepared to fight and die for.
    Can’t we just send the English ones? You don’t like them anyway if I recall correctiy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)