+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a great result.

What a great result.

A proper performance by the lads and didn't let the injury of nyambe effect them at all.
    The hard pressing game forced Nottingham forest against the wall and I thought we were good value for the points.
    7 points from 9.
    No rovers fan would of expected that return from the first 3 games.

I’m well impressed with this to be fair. Like you say, nobody expected this decent start so it is a pleasant surprise.
    It’s not a bad team when you look at it, some good experience and some decent young lads with something to prove. We just need to get some extra in to bulk us back up.

Yes we do but I am impressed with the effort being put in.
    As a fan,the very least you expect is 100 percent effort especially if you have paid to watch it.
    Past few seasons some have put in the effort when they want to instead of every time they pull on a rovers top.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Yes we do but I am impressed with the effort being put in.
    As a fan,the very least you expect is 100 percent effort especially if you have paid to watch it.
    Past few seasons some have put in the effort when they want to instead of every time they pull on a rovers top.
    We got rid of all those waste of space players in the summer.
    Most took that as we would be certainties for relegation. Because we no longer have Holtby and Bennett etc.

I will say one thing,Bennett never stopped on the effort front,it was his ability that left him behind.
    The issue we have is our cupboards have been left bare.
    Yes the players who have departed have a tendency to be half hearted but we still need to fill the empty cupboards or it's down to the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I will say one thing,Bennett never stopped on the effort front,it was his ability that left him behind.
    The issue we have is our cupboards have been left bare.
    Yes the players who have departed have a tendency to be half hearted but we still need to fill the empty cupboards or it's down to the kids.
    Doing well so far, and getting points on the board. I'm sure they will still bring a few more in, but will still be a little short.
    Its the opposite problem than last year. We had way too many. But I still maintain alot who have gone where not playing or not contributing a great deal. However, do find ourselves short.
    Right here and now it doesn't matter as much. Saying that, had we brought in an under 23 Prem league loan player in, on Wed when Nyambe was injured. That loan player would have stepped in.
    Instead Carter stepped in and actually played very well. Butterworth has now featured a few times. Chapman by all accounts did look very lively the other night. This right now is doing us no damage at all. Quite the opposite.
    I find it quite interesting actually. As everyone is panicking about is bringing in a lad from Southampton who clearly has a poor attitude and does not want to come here, and some under 23 Prem League loan players, I feel the opposite.
    If they had to simply make do with what they had and take off the precaution, we would actually be fine and progress with a young side. Who are own players, who we are developing for our future.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)