+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West brom(home)predictions

West brom(home)predictions

They will be properly tough but I can see us getting a draw,in a hugely entertaining game.
    2-2

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    They will be properly tough but I can see us getting a draw,in a hugely entertaining game.
    2-2
    I’m going to go the same. What if we beat them lol ..... we start talking promotion
    I’ll go with an entertaining 2-2

Problem is I can't stop thinking about our inevitable slide after Christmas,so no talk of promotion until at least April.

Problem is I can't stop thinking about our inevitable slide after Christmas,so no talk of promotion until at least April.
    This is why it was imperative we started well. These are points in the bag for promotion, these are points that give us safety once the dip in form starts. This time, we will get players back and get stronger over the season, not weaker.
    This just gives us less pressure making a decent start.

Its a very very poor league, I have been saying so for years.
    Forest are awful, with an out of date manager. Who keep changing managers because they believe that is the answer.
    There is a huge lesson in that message.

Or do you put up with mediocrity because the alternative might be worse.
    Great start but lets be honest,it's unlikely we will be anywhere near to where we are currently.
    I would love to be proven wrong but a few seasons of tony mowbray have proved to me,he isn't the answer.
    The only way we will going up is by unearthing a under the radar manager who has a magic touch.
    Brentford found one(even though I am not a fan of his)
    Barnsley now West brom have one.
    To be fair Norwich have one and of course Burnley stumbled across one.
    Managers who can get the very best out of what they have is pretty rare but they are out there.

Or do you put up with mediocrity because the alternative might be worse.
    Great start but lets be honest,it's unlikely we will be anywhere near to where we are currently.
    I would love to be proven wrong but a few seasons of tony mowbray have proved to me,he isn't the answer.
    The only way we will going up is by unearthing a under the radar manager who has a magic touch.
    Brentford found one(even though I am not a fan of his)
    Barnsley now West brom have one.
    To be fair Norwich have one and of course Burnley stumbled across one.
    Managers who can get the very best out of what they have is pretty rare but they are out there.
    That’s the issue for me. And where I lost interest. So eventually they stumble ....as that’s exactly what it is .....on a manager that gets them up. We can’t compete. It’s not a league set up for that.
    It’s no fun being a Norwich fan. Stroll our league untouched. But will go back down. So at best ....it’s up and down.
    All they do is bank the money, don’t invest as they simply can’t compete. And carry on. Up ....then down.
    Burnley ....don’t be fooled. Most of them are completely. All they are is mediocre in a league up from us. They are fed up with the dire football. The crowds are down. And they are disillusioned as they, like Norwich, not investing any of the millions they make into the football team. Yes they do tremendously well to stay up. But that’s it. Just staying up. Not going anywhere.

We are stable. But in a perilous position behind the scenes. Unlike those clubs above. we have no income.
    But when they come down because they aren’t good enough, they come down with £145m more than us. And we are expected to compete with that. And every season we hold our own. It’s mediocre, but it’s stable. And as good as it gets. For a club with no income it’s actually not bad at all. Bigger clubs are far worse off and will go down this season.
    They keep changing managers. That’s the common theme.
    The few managers you mentioned represent only 1% it’s the 99% that don’t work that is important. Chopping and changing until you .....stumble .....as that is what it would be .....upon a great manager like say Burnley have. I would question the point of it. Be like Burnley or Norwich? Take away the money, which neither fan of any club benefits from in any way, who is better off?

Totally get that but when you throw into the equation that we need the money to seriously sort our books out,then you realise the need for change.
    Let's see how this pans out but I just cannot see this season being any different to the last few we have witnessed.
    Hope followed by despair.

Totally get that but when you throw into the equation that we need the money to seriously sort our books out,then you realise the need for change.
    Let's see how this pans out but I just cannot see this season being any different to the last few we have witnessed.
    Hope followed by despair.
    If ...and it will never happen again ...so its pointless .....but if they went up, Venkys would settle up, take the TV money and sell. There would be no buyer, we would lose our owner and we would end up going out of busniess.
    The series of events would mean our club would go under.
    We are NOT Brentford etc. We are £200m in debt.
    We rely soley on money from Venkys. Who do not want to be here anymore. That well has run dry.
    They want out.
    If we went up, they would be out of business very soon after.
    Be very very careful what you wish for.

What makes me chuckle is the 2 wins and a draw in 3 games, 2 of which are away.
    And the man is still getting hammered.
    I must question that.
    Hughton - 3 defeats.

Imagine if we had lost 3??

OK let's break things down a little.
    We are 3 games in to the season and yes it's a great start but we have form under mowbray to wobble after Christmas.
    He is getting some stick because truly what has he really achieved as manager of us?
    Runner up in league one with undoubtedly the highest wage budget in that division and consolidation in the first season back in the championship everything else has been dire and mediocre and to top it off he is sounding like a salesman for our players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)