+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Them o'er river

Who cares???? Lots of Notts fans and lots of Derby fans for starters and plenty more I'm sure. Some even spend their time on the Red Dogs message boards so safe to say they care.

For me Forest losing is also an added bonus and has either makes a Saturday even sweeter or more often provided a crumb of comfort after a Notts disappointment.

It's local rivalry, football would be far far worse without it.

Brave to say that before we have kicked a ball in anger this season Laddo. They are not our rivals as there are so many leagues between us, so I don't care about them, it is a negative vibe that social media thrives on.

Also think about Chesterfield (a genuine rival), They were so bad for a great part of the season but got into the playoffs. Who says that Forest can not do the same?

Our rivalry is with Chesterfield and Mansfield at this point in time. The aim is to change that and I hope the owners and manager can achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Who cares???? Lots of Notts fans and lots of Derby fans for starters and plenty more I'm sure. Some even spend their time on the Red Dogs message boards so safe to say they care.

For me Forest losing is also an added bonus and has either makes a Saturday even sweeter or more often provided a crumb of comfort after a Notts disappointment.

It's local rivalry, football would be far far worse without it.
    Never thought I would say this but I agree with Laddo 👍

Got to say, I do feel a tad sorry for our Forest supporting chums. If you appoint the most boring man in football you’d like to think he might be dull, but at least he’d bring a bit of success. They don’t even get that. Not only that, but they’ve been pure shyte now for the best part of 25 years, watching clubs much smaller than them sail by and into the Prem. You’d have thought a club as undoubtedly massive as they are would have managed to fluke one season in the top flight in the last 20 odd years.

We may be non league, but at least the vast majority of our seasons are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Brave to say that before we have kicked a ball in anger this season Laddo. They are not our rivals as there are so many leagues between us, so I don't care about them, it is a negative vibe that social media thrives on.

Also think about Chesterfield (a genuine rival), They were so bad for a great part of the season but got into the playoffs. Who says that Forest can not do the same?

Our rivalry is with Chesterfield and Mansfield at this point in time. The aim is to change that and I hope the owners and manager can achieve that.
    Why's it brave?

Put me down as saying they can't do the same. It would need an unlikely James Rowe type appointment and even then I would be very confident of them failing in the playoffs. Their record is awful.

Any team local is a rival to some extent in my eyes and being in the same league certainly helps a lot. But though Chesterfield are in our division I will always check the Forest full time result ahead of them with even with so many divisions between us, or Mansfailed. I can't care too much about Chesterfield they've never been a rival in my eyes. Just a bigger away followings in the respective away ends that's all.

It's brave because you could end up with egg on your face if we start with a bad run. Also it is only 3 games in, many teams have started off like that but then gone upwards.

Yeah check the Forest results and have a laugh by all means but it does not affect us in any way whatsoever. I concentrate on us and those who we can meet/affect in the next 12 months

Egg on face is nothing. That's fine there is always in the possibility of that when making predictions and statements. The other option to me is as dull as dishwater predict nothing, don't have views and just wait for things to happen and then retrospectively comment. Sitting on the sidelines ain't for me

I always concentrate on Notts they are my team since the 80s and always will be. Just makes me happy when them o'er the river lose and struggle. Call it years of growing up around lots of Red mates.

It's brave because you could end up with egg on your face if we start with a bad run. Also it is only 3 games in, many teams have started off like that but then gone upwards.

Yeah check the Forest results and have a laugh by all means but it does not affect us in any way whatsoever. I concentrate on us and those who we can meet/affect in the next 12 months
    Their formation last night was a new one on me: 4-4-1-1. No wonder the fans think Hughton is too negative. All managers have best-before dates and he may have passed his. I’d be concerned if they get rid of him and bring Wilder in, but they do seem to be struggling to get players in this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Never thought I would say this but I agree with Laddo 👍
    Me too. However low we sink, it will never stop me taking delight in a Forest defeat.

Yeah check the Forest results and have a laugh by all means but it does not affect us in any way whatsoever.
    Of course it affects us. The bigger the gap between us, the harder it becomes for us to attract new local support. If they reached the Premiership, it becomes even harder. The lower they sink, the better it is for us.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast