+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Them o'er river

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I was born in 1973 so I was not old enough for boozing.
    What's wrong with you? 13 was a perfectly acceptable age to have your first smoke and beer.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Damn, Agent Noughton’s cover has been blown. I knew we should have let them win the occasional game…

“Nottingham Forest can confirm that Chris Hughton has been relieved of his duties as first team manager.

The club would like to place on record its’ appreciation for Chris’s efforts. Chris joined the club in a difficult period for everyone in football and around the world and we thank him for the way he has conducted himself during his tenure.”

Got to wonder who writes the press releases at F***** - “its’ appreciation”? Don’t tell Sidders.
    Such a shame he was discovered so soon. Time for a new agent to be put in place

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    With Hughton sacked, talkSport mostly talking about Steve Cooper as the replacement. John Terry still being linked despite apparently ruling himself out earlier.
    Cooper seems to be the early favourite due to his experience working with kids for the England under-17s and Swansea, though I think he’s only had one year as a club manager. Hughton was unveiled a matter of minutes after the previous manager was fired, so we’ll see how long this appointment takes.

Also, didn’t realise that Hughton was 62 - not sure how many more management opportunities he’ll get in the UK now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fword Fan
    To be fair, if I was Steve Cooper I'd be swerving this job. His reputation after Swansea is pretty high, why tarnish it by coming to the World Famous Toxicity Ground?
    Toxicity Ground

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Hughton was unveiled a matter of minutes after the previous manager was fired, so we’ll see how long this appointment takes..
    They have appointed a caretaker (Reid, not Brazil sadly, that would have been hilarious) so maybe that suggests they haven't yet come to an agreement or decision and that the reaction last night by their fans forced their hand early. It is normal to have a caretaker, even if it is only for a few days, but we didn't last time, Burch came in straight away.

Alex Neil was there last night but so was Sean/Shaun Dyche.
    They keep going on about Wilder but would he want what is there? Could they afford him?

Allegiances aside for a moment. What a state Nottinghamshire football is now in. If you added the three club's positions in the pyramid together (us being 97th etc.) and divided it by three, it must be close to, if not the worst collective average position of all time.
    What are they putting in our water?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Sacked

Always a sad moment to lose a good field agent. I think the ''red rag award'' is in order for bravery and outstanding performance in his duties.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Always a sad moment to lose a good field agent. I think the ''red rag award'' is in order for bravery and outstanding performance in his duties.
    Absolutely. It's just a shame his cover was blown before he was able to finish the job.

[Threads merged]

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast