+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Them o'er river

O/T:- Them o'er river

"Next manager" threads already appearing on their two main forums. Three defeats out of three and they face high flying Stoke away next, then Derby away. After that, Cardiff and Middlesbrough at home.

Other than Warnock, I'm not sure anybody has a better pedigree in the Championship than Chris Hughton. If he fails there, where do they turn? Seems they've tried everyting, ex player hero, foreign manager, upcoming, ex-England manager, the whole lot - all pretty much left them struggling in the bottom third. Their fans will be hoping for Chris Wilder but he could probably sit it out a little longer and get a bigger job. Nigel Clough is the obvious one they still haven't tried but he's probably past his best now and didn't do much of note at Derby. Chris Coleman's name has come up also.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    "Next manager" threads already appearing on their two main forums. Three defeats out of three and they face high flying Stoke away next, then Derby away. After that, Cardiff and Middlesbrough at home.

Other than Warnock, I'm not sure anybody has a better pedigree in the Championship than Chris Hughton. If he fails there, where do they turn? Seems they've tried everyting, ex player hero, foreign manager, upcoming, ex-England manager, the whole lot - all pretty much left them struggling in the bottom third. Their fans will be hoping for Chris Wilder but he could probably sit it out a little longer and get a bigger job. Nigel Clough is the obvious one they still haven't tried but he's probably past his best now and didn't do much of note at Derby. Chris Coleman's name has come up also.
    To be fair to Clough at Derby he had to balance the books.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Like you say, they've pretty much tried everything manager wise, so it must be some other part of their strategy that's letting them down? Is it lack of funds?

Marianakis is the problem there. I'd say the majority of managers they have had have been good enough, but they've been an absolute shambles in the transfer market. I have never seen money wasted quite like. The shady Greek will look to sell soon, now he has realised how expensive it will be to get Forest in to the Premiership.

Their one saving grace is their academy and their annoying ability to develop good, young players.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Like you say, they've pretty much tried everything manager wise, so it must be some other part of their strategy that's letting them down? Is it lack of funds?
    From the snippets I’ve heard they are financially challenged. Not to the point where they can’t pay the milk bill. Apparently, there are a number of transfer targets that they missed out on due to not being able to match transfer fees or salaries offered by other championship clubs. Mediocre clubs, none of the so called big clubs in championship.

Interesting to see how it pans out, will they sell anyone? If they do, this could be an indication of where they’re at.

Now this is an O/T thread I can get down with. In the absence of too much joy at my footballing home I'm loving their struggles, continual wasting of money on ineffective signings chasing the PL dream under their current and latest (interesting) owner. I have many a p!$$ed off Red Dog mate currently

Agree with KC the one thing they annoying continually get right is young player development. Have a great record, reputation and top facilities at YA level so they can always fill their starting XI with very promising youngsters and if needed sold for a big profit.

I can't see Hughton lasting the season his approach needs to be successful and effective cos it ain't pretty to watch.

Think they have a bit of a Stavros Hardy as their head and that's their main problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    From the snippets I’ve heard they are financially challenged. Not to the point where they can’t pay the milk bill. Apparently, there are a number of transfer targets that they missed out on due to not being able to match transfer fees or salaries offered by other championship clubs. Mediocre clubs, none of the so called big clubs in championship.

Interesting to see how it pans out, will they sell anyone? If they do, this could be an indication of where they’re at.
    Net worth of 500-700 mill according to Gurgle. Not short of a few quid. ''Net worth'' , made his money in ''shipping''.

Who cares really

Fair call, I suppose we should worry about ourselves, the rest are secondary.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast