+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accrington

Ahh. Offord the new Lowery.
    Best player on the pitch against ?Oxford according to Dave.
    Played well against Accrington in my opinion, and the opinion of everyone sitting around me.
    Anyway, I hope Sass Davies lives up to your hype/expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Personally I blame you Mike. You start posting again and everyone else stops LOL.

No Mike in all truth we did not really deserve anything. Yes later on Accrington looked like they had decided to settle for a 1-0 win and we managed some attacks, but in truth we are an awful team this season.

Though I feel that neither of our goalkeepers ever control our penalty area as they should I think it was a bit harsh to blame Richards for the Acc. goal. In each game this season we have had a major defensive problem. The centre backs are not combining which makes it difficult for the goalie. He does not know what to do. In each game so far Offord has been awful in every way you could imagine.

Who is responsible for our poor start. 4 Games played, 1 point and 1 goal scored. Bad team selection, poor formation, and hopeless, boring tactics. Without any doubt David Artell.

On a personal point Mike. Are you still having the dizzy spells and close on passing out? I appreciate that a possible heart problem and a stroke are completely different, but I am going to tell you about a friends experience. He had a stroke and lost his speech but he did not panic and persevered for a couple of hours until it returned. The important bit was the post problems. Pins and needles all the time,freezing of his face, shooting pains across the top of his head, weakness and exhaustion. Dizzy spells and unable to drive. He could only get through the day by taking the strongest non-prescription pain killers. He was really worried that he was going to get addicted.

A couple of months later he had arranged to go with a mate do do a charity street collection in Staffordshire. This would be for 7 hours. That Saturday it was in the middle of a heatwave so as a precaution he borrowed one of his grandsons baseball cap. He was still taking the painkillers every 4 hours. When they arrived he put on the baseball cap and they started the collection. He was waiting for the pains and dizziness to start again after 4 hours but they never did. That was the last time he had to take a painkiller and he now lives a normal life. That was many years ago and he has worn baseball caps ever since. If he tries to spend time without one the problems start again within 20 minutes. Over the years he has met a number of people who had recently has a stroke and were experiencing the same problems. He told them how he had overcome them, and in each case it worked for them.

Not saying it would work for you Mike but it may be worth trying. Give it a try and I hope it works.

Well in the absence of posts...

Thanks Lucky for the match update..I think we will struggle most of the season and be lucky not to be relegated which seemed to be the norm when we lose our best players.

Maybe your next username, we need all the help we can get..

All that baseball cap stuff sounds a bit surreal if I may say so matey.

I'm still having severe dizzy spells and feel drunk or on board a ship and its all to do with a very low blood pressure when standing up and it goes up 40 points when I sit down. Its actually called orthostatic hypertension and can be due to many things but think for me its the narrowing of the Aortic Heart Valve called stenosis and that means less blood going to my brain which incidentally most people thought I had when I was younger LOL. It could even help being an Aex fan, LOL.

I was told 13 weeks ago that an echocardiogram test had been arranged and that would take 4 to 6 weeks to get, then 8, then 10, then who knows and still waiting. OTOH don't want to be told its a heart op etc so there you go.

I hope you and all us other older Alex fans are keeping OK as we know the Virus hasn't gone away.

ATB everyone,

Mike
    Last edited by MikeSB; 24-08-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Can't blame Artell unless people think his personality is causing the personnel problems, which I can't agree with.
    We are suffering from 'golden generation' syndrome. We benefitted from a group of talented lads coming through together.
    Now, we're suffering the flipside of that in that they're all leaving at roughly the same time. Having only one or two leaving
    would be bad enough but could be adapted to immediately. However, Artell is effectively having to start again from scratch.
    Add to this the dispute with 'silly boy' Lowery and the norovirus outbreak at the club. So, depressing as it currently is, I believe that DA will rescue the season. We won't be pushing the heights of pre-season expectations but, I believe, we won't be relegation bound.

As for Offord, certainly been one of our better players so far and he will work very well with Thomas, who I think is going to be the best CH we've had for a while.
    For what it's worth, I think Finney had one of his better performances in the time he was on. He was still missing passes but, at the moment, that makes him fit in well with the rest. Mandron is the other who escapes criticsm. He's much more involved on the wing than he would be as a CF but there lies the problem. Last season's leading scorer is getting very little, if any, service from midfield.
    Last edited by gazan; 24-08-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Mike the story about the stroke and the baseball cap was 100% true. You say it is lack of blood getting to the brain. A stroke main damage is to the brain. Similar?? Please try it, what the hell have you got to lose. The worst that can happen is that it does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Mike the story about the stroke and the baseball cap was 100% true. You say it is lack of blood getting to the brain. A stroke main damage is to the brain. Similar?? Please try it, what the hell have you got to lose. The worst that can happen is that it does not work.
    I'm going bed in one and its staying there until my hospital appointment when I will need surgery to remove it...

I believe all you say my friend..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12