+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team V Newcastle

Martinez
    Konsa Axl Mings
    Cash Targett
    Luiz McGinn

Bailey. Young

Ings

But Young HAS to offer defensive support to Targett against StMaxin

under 18's beat norwich 10-0 lets just put them in!

No Target or Bailey, hes not even on rhe bench?
    Martynez
    Cash
    Konsa
    Mings
    Young
    Luiz
    Maginn
    Ramsey
    AEG
    Buendia
    Ings

Fantastic 3 points great to get on the board. Thought Buendia played well. Ramsey carried the ball poetically at times and looks comfortable at this level. Mings was immense and made some crucial blocks. According to commentators Baily picked up an injury at training on Thursday.

Ings goal: Just wow!

Typical Brucie and hes Whining fans thinking they were robbed or cheated. The offside was marginal but offside, as for the villa pen, you have to say and for once, well spotted VAR, the game carried on and no one appealed but it was hand ball, once given the toon player did not complain.
    Emi,M was lucky Not to be given a Red for hes challenge, wow that would have been some decision, Pen, Red, offside, no pen! Would it have been overturned?
    As for Ings goal, I have watched it so many times......😝

Particularly enjoyed watching whining geordies on their blogs, almost as much fun as watching arsenil fans crying.

They seem to have this theory that the whole world, ref and VAR are against them let alone the bosses of the premier league, talk about being Paranoid! I thought they played well, had a couple of dangerous moments and lets face it, Calum Wilson, what a miss but I guess that was the refs fault as well...thats not a conspiracy, thats being Rubbish....

I thought JR had his best game to date. Seems to be maturing nicely.
    I also heard the commentator say Bailey got injured on Thursday and that up to then Deano was unsure whether to play him or JR.
    Blessing in disguise perhaps?

Decent win against an average side when you consider how many first teamers were either missing or clearly not fully fit, big concern at the moment in my opinion, why are we getting so many injuries in training? not fit enough, pushing to hard, not warming up/down properly? something needs to be looked at, lets hope they are on it already. Nice to see Ramsey have a solid game, he has quietly improved and more first team games will help that, maybe when Bailey is fit they can both play either side of Ings and Watkins? Nice to be starting to have choices, its the one thing we struggled with last year, we complained about Dean not making changes when things were not going well, but realistically the bench was "for emergencies only". Ings already looking a steal at the price, if he stays fit and with Watkins to return soon our attack is going to be a handful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)