+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return Of Notts Match Day Bet Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Seriously, what's a YAP? Where have you been? On this board, a YAP is worth far more than any other currency.

If you are genuinely confused, the person who puts time and effort into organising this competition is 60YearsAPie. At the start, based on his username, he very kindly gifted all entrants a bank of 60YAPs. It must have cost him a fortune, but it's added real interest to the score prediction thread. You should have a go, but you'll start among the also rans.
    The last time I put a bet on was Fred Winter in the 1962 Grand National. Well actually I gave my Dad a £1 note for an each way bet. I've previously outlined some of my betting history on here and having to sell some of school packed lunch to pay my bus fare home.

Anyway thank you for explaining that YAPS are a sought after sovereign currency. Are the YAPS offered for all new entrants? I might wait until we are in a proper league, but based on my previous experiences of gambling on NCFC I might end up having to pay 60YAP some OPs to stay in credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    The last time I put a bet on was Fred Winter in the 1962 Grand National. Well actually I gave my Dad a £1 note for an each way bet.
    You must have been pretty well off to be able to bet 10 bob each way in 1962! My first illegal bet as a 14 year old in 1968 was sixpence to win. That was 25% of my weekly income, or pocket money as it was called back then. I did well at first and thought it was an easy way to make money, so upped my stakes until one Saturday I lost the lot. Going without sweets for a whole week taught me a valuable lesson about the first principle of betting - never bet more than you can afford to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Anyway thank you for explaining that YAPS are a sought after sovereign currency. Are the YAPS offered for all new entrants?
    I think they are, but if you haven't used them you lose them. That would mean you starting on 37 YAPs instead of 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You must have been pretty well off to be able to bet 10 bob each way in 1962! My first illegal bet as a 14 year old in 1968 was sixpence to win. That was 25% of my weekly income, or pocket money as it was called back then. I did well at first and thought it was an easy way to make money, so upped my stakes until one Saturday I lost the lot. Going without sweets for a whole week taught me a valuable lesson about the first principle of betting - never bet more than you can afford to lose.
    Indeed - on reflection it probably was 1/- total stake not £1 otherwise I would have been able to buy a better motorbike a little later (£12 if my stumbling memory serves me). I had had a few years of two Sunday paper rounds which paid a premium, and the occasional car washes for the local GP and his wife.

My first bet was a regular 6d Union Jack (8 trebles), each Saturday. I was 16 and had just started earning. Unfortunately I got three trebles up on my first attempt, won a few shillings, so continued with this crazy bet each week, until I suddenly realised it was possible to get 5 winners in the 9 selections and not get a winning treble. I remember that first bet. I had a winner in the last race that gave me the three trebles. As soon as the winner was announced, I went up to the counter to collect my winnings. He sent me away with a flea in my ear. “Come back on Monday, kid. I don’t have time to work out your 6d bets now.”

Strange odds this week. You'd usually expect 400/1 or 500/1 for a 5-0 or above away win. When we played them at their place earlier in the season you'd have got 300/1 for them beating us 5-0. A case of lazy bookmaking?

Name:  Game 24.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  Table 24.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  75.6 KB

Back on track! YAPtastic.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Name:  Table 24.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  75.6 KB
    I cant read this it's to small. Am I top yet?!
    Merry Christmas x!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I cant read this it's to small. Am I top yet?!
    Merry Christmas x!
    Top of the Christmas tree?

You're Lucky 13 in the table. A 20/1 winner next time out could see you top.

Here's the odds for our Boxing Day game. Forecasts on Swale's thread, please.
    Time to improve our away record of 3 wins in 9 games.

Name:  Game 25.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  45.8 KB

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast